No announcement yet.

My car doesn't power brake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never understood how this was ever a problem?

I did it in my 85 2.8L auto, no problem, tore tires to hell with it.

Did it in my no torque setup in my 94 3.4L with 245s, and lsd out back.

and light the wheel(hehe open diffy) with ease now in my 2000.(only problem I have is my tires are bald, nad my motor is so quiet, I sometimes peg the rev limiter. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 95Firebird:
      do the hunnies pay for new tires???? [img]smile.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Exactly. [img]smile.gif[/img]
      [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
      Red 96' A4 Firebird
      Audio Audio and Autotek
      Check it out here!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 96_V6_Fbody:
        Although I don't recommend this, I know it works. First, Get some momentum in reverse. You have to time this right to get it to work. Throw it in drive and hit the gas at the same time. About a half second later, after the tires have started to spin, press the brake. It'll be a lot harder for the brakes to stop the wheels once they have begun spinning. Works every time ;) <hr></blockquote>

HOLY HELL!!!! Recommend that again and your banned! JK. Here is a sure fire way to do it. I have posi, 3.42, and sticky tires and it works every time.....

Hold the brake down.
        Let off the brake and press down the gas at the same time VERY fast.
        As soon as you let off the brake press it down again and hold both and watch them burn.

You might have to play with how hard to hold the brake down but it always works for me and my car. Just holding down the brake and pressing the gas does nothing in my car.
        White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

so many people including myself spend money on trying not to spin the tires and other people want to do it, plus after a few sets of 275/40/18's out back its very pricey.
          2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

I dont see this being a problem. Powerbrakes are pointless anyways. But if you must, you can always rev the car up in neutral and drop it into gear. Its not so easy on the tranny but if you must give this a shot.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pgriffith:
              I dont see this being a problem. Powerbrakes are pointless anyways. But if you must, you can always rev the car up in neutral and drop it into gear. Its not so easy on the tranny but if you must give this a shot.<hr></blockquote>

Now your banned. [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img] :D

come on guys. why don't you just tell him to poor sand in his intake. Please don't recommend things that will hurt some ones car. Thats all we need is a member pissed off at the board because his tranny fell off the car while doing a "neutral drop." I am joking about banning people BTW but lets try and help people here on the board. If he wants to waste his tires and brake pads I see nothing wrong with that, I do it too, its fun. But a $1000 bill from AAMCO is not fun. You know the show Jack-A55? The car world has the same fans. "OH drop from neutral...ok."
              White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

You can do what I do, but then again I have a clutch. I don't see why it wouldn't work though. Mash the gas so you break traction and nail the brake.

Then again, that's the only way I can power brake. I have to drop the clutch and nail the brake.
                <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bu-bye:

come on guys. why don't you just tell him to poor sand in his intake. Please don't recommend things that will hurt some ones car. Thats all we need is a member pissed off at the board because his tranny fell off the car while doing a "neutral drop." I am joking about banning people BTW but lets try and help people here on the board. If he wants to waste his tires and brake pads I see nothing wrong with that, I do it too, its fun. But a $1000 bill from AAMCO is not fun. You know the show Jack-A55? The car world has the same fans. "OH drop from neutral...ok."
                  <hr></blockquote>

If the kid is dumb enough to do it, just let him.
                  <br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/nitroxxx28\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/nitroxxx28</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bu-bye:

<hr></blockquote>

DOH! Your right. that was very bad advise. I would like to say i did this in my '89 Camaro several times and nothing bad ever happend. I guess i was lucky.

So yeah if you care about your car breaking dont do this.

Comment

Mine does it sometimes, others it refuses.

I havent tried it too much, cuz I want my tires to last a little longer, but the times it HAS worked I would accelerate to like 5MPH, and hold the gas, then apply the brakes to slow the car to a stop, then floor the gas.

Thats the only way mine has worked, it doesent always do it though.

Dont do anything with the shifter, LEAVE IT IN OD!
                      ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

Comment

do v6s come with traction control?

if so does putting it in 1 or 2 take it otu fo traction control?(my girlfirned 00 z24, will always has traction control on unless you put it in 1 or 2)

Comment

The only way I can get my friends 3.8 to do it is apply the brakes about 1/8th, give it enough gas to barely move forword, floor the gas and apply the brakes just under half. Usually it will light that 3.08 open diff right up.

You can always carry a water bottle around and just make a little puddle when you want to do it ;)

Comment

I personnally think it has something to do with the 4 wheel disc brakes and the abs. If you apply pressure to the brakes, it is applied evenly to all four wheels. Its still possible to burn out, just not as easy. just my opinion though.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pgriffith:

DOH! Your right. that was very bad advise. I would like to say i did this in my '89 Camaro several times and nothing bad ever happend. I guess i was lucky.

So yeah if you care about your car breaking dont do this.
                              <hr></blockquote>

don't even worry about it. I know you did not mean to cause any damage to his car.

Comment

thanks everyone for the advice. and for those of you who like to criticize like devilboy28, i'm not looking to powerbrake wherever i go. i've only been in maybe 2 situations in the 2 years i've had my car where i've wanted to, and it sucks not being able to. but i'll be sure to just practice it a bit and get it down so that when i do want to do it, i get it right

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X