Ran out of gas and now car overheats ?!?!?!!?---------- - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ran out of gas and now car overheats ?!?!?!!?----------

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im not sure about the f-body ones, but i know when replaced the radiator on my S-10, it had a flush valve on the bottom of it. check the bottom left and right sides of the radiator for a valve.

also, id consider replacing your fuel filter. running the tank just about bone dry will pick up all the $hit from the tank and lodge it in the filter.

Comment

Their should be direction on the flush kit on how to do it.

I used a chemical flush on mine, prestone I think, and it gave step-by-step instructions.

Oh yea, make sure you DON'T used the green antifreeze. Put Dex-cool back in (The Orange stuff)

[ December 02, 2003: Message edited by: camaro_speedemon ]</p>
      <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

I disagree about dexcool, I know gm uses it but it seems thicker and in fact was the main reason i had a clog problem, i switched to regular and never had a problem

Comment

you should just have to cut your upper heater core hose and insert the T fitting then follow the directions on the box to flush, but i used about 8 feet if extra heater hose laying around and just removed my heater hose and used the longer one while i flushed it so i could mess with it easier and i could also use the same kit on my other cars. it's not necessary though and would be a waste of money to buy extra hose cause it would cost more than another flush kit.
          *ASE CERTIFIED* <p>Don\'t Laugh Your Daughter Thinks it\'s Cool...

Comment

Once, I had a problem with my 3.8 overheating intermittently. It was like a ghost in the system. Every now and again a "Random Misfire" code would pop up, and an intermittent rough idle. I changed the wires, plugs, coils ... flushed the coolant system ... changed the thermostat ... all that stuff. As it turned out, my crank position sensor was providing a false signal ... but within an allowed range. The PCM diagnostics wouldn't detect the error. I changed the sensor, and everthing worked fine.
            2001 Kroger\'s shopping cart<br />MODS-<br />* disabled locking wheel<br />* used Flowmaster and some LS1 parts ... I think there\'s an old Bilstein shock in there too.

Comment

UPDATE!

Today I installed the new 180 degree thermostat and flush and filled the radiator. Problem solved! Actually, with the new 180 instead of the stock 195 she's runnin cooler then ever! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Thanks to all those that helped!
              Red 96' A4 Firebird
              Audio Audio and Autotek
              Check it out here!

Comment

howd you like the flush n fill kit? nice huh makes things easy and you have confidence in the cleanliness of your system
                *ASE CERTIFIED* <p>Don\'t Laugh Your Daughter Thinks it\'s Cool...

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by cammed3800:
                  I disagree about dexcool, I know gm uses it but it seems thicker and in fact was the main reason i had a clog problem, i switched to regular and never had a problem<hr></blockquote>

I've heard good and bad about dexcool. But if you switch to regular antifreeze make damn sure you get ALL of the dexcool out, or you're gonna have a nightmare on your hands, maybe not immediately, but eventually you're be regretting it.
                  <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

The flush and fill kit was very nice indeed.

And I choose to run the dexcool again. Basically, for that exact reason. I didn't want any chance of the dexcool mixing with the new green coolant. There was very little "chunks" in the old coolant. Although, it was pretty much red in color. A red or pink. Strange, but whatever. She runs like a champ now!
                    Red 96' A4 Firebird
                    Audio Audio and Autotek
                    Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X