fan noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fan noise

This weekend I noticed a shining noise coming from under the hood and when I opened it up it only sounded worse... horrible. 1st thought was that my tensioner pulley bearings were shot. I couldnt locate exactly where the noise was coming from but sorta sounded below the alternator and behind the tensioner. Anyway, I noticed that I had the fan pumping heat inside and when I turned the heat down (from setting 3 to setting 1 or 2) the squeeling noise dramatically decreased. Is there a fan belt or pulley or bearings in there somewhere that I am going to need to replace or what do you think I should be looking at. what does the interior fan run off from?
    \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

ellik, ew why are you a member of steelcitysfinest?
    Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

lol..... when i first moved to Pitt I looked around for a local board and thats all I found..... had to register to get inside and see what it was. that was back before I knew about cv6.

Comment

my boyfriend is a member, but all those guys are SUPER MAJOR ***holes if you know what i mean.
        Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

i sorta gathered that.... thats why i racked up a total of 3 posts there. too bad because some of them have to be really skilled body guys...... or have a lot of money to pay others... with some of the work they have done on their cars.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X