1998 firebird for B-day present and only $300 to spend - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 firebird for B-day present and only $300 to spend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i also got mine for by 16th birthday. if the car is ok, then go with a intake such as SLP CAI. its around $200 but you can buy it cheaper used. you should be able to do this your self. then a 180 degreee thermo ($5 for the thermo and .50 for the O-ring) then get a B and M Shift IMprover if its a auto. Then save up and buy exhaust
    2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

I got my 98 bird for my 18th birthday....
      I got my 96 camaro for my 16th birthday...(totalled now - just b4 my 18th b-day)

sweet.... low miles.. (mine had 27000 when i got it)

The first thing i would do is Exhaust... I had the B&B Triflo on my camaro and it was the best thing I did to my car (other than the rims)

Does your have the W68 and Y87 codes on it? (W68 is the appearance package) (y87 is the performance axel/gears) If u have that, that's real nice! (btw, to find it it's on the driver's side door)

Mine already had exhaust on my bird, so i didn't do that, i am doing the "rims" next!

good luck and show us some pix!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ July 22, 2003: Message edited by: SuprSpdDB7 ]</p>
      <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>
        Does your have the W68 and Y87 codes on it? (W68 is the appearance package) (y87 is the performance axel/gears) If u have that, that's real nice! (btw, to find it it's on the driver's side door)<hr></blockquote>
        Open the drivers door and look at a peice of white sticker, there are a bunch of numbers on it and look for Y87 or W68
        2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

From summit you can get a 3inch flowmaster catback for 280shipped to your door in a few days. I think the flowmaster is the best sounding on our cars so far. I had a dynomax before and it's pretty quiet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            4 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            2 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X