200hp 3.4l is it possible without power adder? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

200hp 3.4l is it possible without power adder?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Magnus:
    you wont hit 14's with a stock converter in a 3.4 nautrally aspirated.<hr></blockquote>

And why is that ?
    Tim LeGros had a 91 mph trap speed which would be good enough for high 14's . Correct me if im wrong. But Im not sure if he had an aftermarket converter
    2002 Grand Prix GTP- FWI Intake , flowmaster 40\'s ,3.4 pulley , and Intense racing PCM.<br />94 3.4L camaro -Lots of mods!

Comment

need more than MPH for a 14 sec slip.. you'll need some quickness.. You'd have to do some MAJOR hp mods and SERIOUS weight reduction to put an NA 3.4 in the 14's with a stock verter.

Lets be realistic here. We're not playing the "Oh its possible... IF YOU ARE A MILLIONAIRE!!!!" game. screw that crap.

FYI.. You can get an engine/tranny/PCM/harness 3.8 combo for $600 if you look around. That doesn't include shipping.

MustangEater8251, you are trying to play the what if, lets be hypothetical, can we race in space?, it CAN be done, lets race on paper.... game.

How about we be serious for once and talk realistically.
      Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

I am being serious its not that hard.

Serious weight reduction to the point of the car not being able to be daily driven? Thats just dumb, no one likes that.

The DOHC 3.4L has 215,hp, 230ish torque, so the block can support it, just need to find a way to get the heads to work as efficiently as it woudl in the DOHC. Then some mods.

YOu can up the comrpession, maybe try the Russell swap.

There are ways to do it, 60* v6 motors have made serious power before and can still.

But why repeat myself, its been said 50 times in this thread, and its falling on deaf ears.

We shoudl all give up and do 3.8L swaps!

Comment

lol a GOOD converter/tire combo could kick .5 right off of your ET in good weather. Why battle with so much crap when you have so much that can be easily gained from a torque converter.

I'd recomend a PI with a HIGH STR. I don't think Yanks do to well in V6's and I haven't seen edge perform that well either.
          Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

lol a GOOD converter/tire combo could kick .5 right off of your ET in good weather. Why battle with so much crap when you have so much that can be easily gained from a torque converter.

I'd recomend a PI with a HIGH STR. I don't think Yanks do to well in V6's and I haven't seen edge perform that well either.
            <hr></blockquote>

I agree, I think a converter will make a huge difference on an auto a well worthwhile investment, but I still think 14s is possible without a converter.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MustangEater8251:

I still think 14s is possible without a converter.
              <hr></blockquote>
              Im also with you on that one but we cant find out until someone with a built 3.4 goes to the track. Im still trying to break my motor in so its gonna have to wait alittle while longer.
              2002 Grand Prix GTP- FWI Intake , flowmaster 40\'s ,3.4 pulley , and Intense racing PCM.<br />94 3.4L camaro -Lots of mods!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ryan94V6:

Im also with you on that one but we cant find out until someone with a built 3.4 goes to the track. Im still trying to break my motor in so its gonna have to wait alittle while longer.
                <hr></blockquote>

If you do take it, might be able to convince me to make the 2.5 hour drive to morrosso, to watch, or even go head to head(won't be in my 3.4L though :( )

Comment

[QB]need more than MPH for a 14 sec slip.. you'll need some quickness..

QB]<hr></blockquote>

Lets just put it this way.....My car is so damn quick off the line that I could probly stay or keep up with an AWD WRX off the line.

Comment

k. No offense, but that really means nothing to everyone without a timeslip.

Lets not bench race.

Comment

• <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Magnus:
                      k. No offense, but that really means nothing to everyone without a timeslip.

Lets not bench race.
                      <hr></blockquote>
                      Ok, no problem...no timeslips here so I cant prove it . sorry bout that.

Comment

• <blockquote>quote:</font><hr> "Nuclear Engineering" <hr></blockquote>

It's Nuke-ular, the S is silent. -Peter Griffin

-Just trying to lighten things up.-
                        The 3.4L is a damned good engine. The 3.8L is a swell engine too. With the proper boltons and a sweet cam I think 200 isn't TOO hard to reach. It'll cost a bit, but hey, we have different things to work with. To get to 200 specifically try lsd, gears, full 3'(headers and whatnot) back, cai, pulleys, tq converter for the autos, clutch for the manuals, ignition upgrades (plugs, wires, etc), and my personal touch would be a cam the size of a baseball bat ;) . I like Russells setup alot, its very 'clean'. Don't let people put down your engine just because its older or not the latest and greatest. It's not what engine you have, it's how YOU take it on. It seems I've seen more colorfuly modded 3.4s than 3.8s. I don't put down 3.8s because they are a VERY good engine and have what seems as massive potential. But as my prior statement: no engine is 'better' than another - they're all stock till you turn it into something that YOU like. Civics beat Vipers sometimes, sometimes 3.8s beat Mustang GTs (well I like to think more than just sometimes), sometimes I poop too much. It's all in how you play the cards. Godspeed and everyone lets go grab a cold one. &lt;3 -B
                        <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

• <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Brett Garret:

It's Nuke-ular, the S is silent. -Peter Griffin

-Just trying to lighten things up.-
                          The 3.4L is a damned good engine. The 3.8L is a swell engine too. With the proper boltons and a sweet cam I think 200 isn't TOO hard to reach. It'll cost a bit, but hey, we have different things to work with. To get to 200 specifically try lsd, gears, full 3'(headers and whatnot) back, cai, pulleys, tq converter for the autos, clutch for the manuals, ignition upgrades (plugs, wires, etc), and my personal touch would be a cam the size of a baseball bat ;) . I like Russells setup alot, its very 'clean'. Don't let people put down your engine just because its older or not the latest and greatest. It's not what engine you have, it's how YOU take it on. It seems I've seen more colorfuly modded 3.4s than 3.8s. I don't put down 3.8s because they are a VERY good engine and have what seems as massive potential. But as my prior statement: no engine is 'better' than another - they're all stock till you turn it into something that YOU like. Civics beat Vipers sometimes, sometimes 3.8s beat Mustang GTs (well I like to think more than just sometimes), sometimes I poop too much. It's all in how you play the cards. Godspeed and everyone lets go grab a cold one. &lt;3 -B
                          <hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] nuke-ular the s is silent [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] :cool: love it man ill race you to the cold one if you loose you buy [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] :cool:

Comment

• <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 93v6firebird:

and all you are is a dead beat fatass that gets a god complex b/c you did a stupid ****ing thing to the engine of your car. When you do something that matters or is significant that someone should care about let me know.
                            Until then stop trying to force down everyones throat that they should worship you b/c you did something revolutionary to your car. Remember its your car.
                            Oh by the way Im a junior. And something tells me that if we had start a population reduction policy your worthless *** would be killed before me, so stop all the ****ing bull**** and instead of lifting all those ratchets try lifting some weights.
                            <hr></blockquote>

wow. all those big words from you. did your mommy help you look them all up? &lt;chuckles a lot at you&gt;

and you are a sophomore. look up the word, you'll understand why i call you it. (wonders if anyone else notices that this guy just has a huge stick up his *** )

i dont expect anyone to worship me. i do notice that 95% of the people on here - forget what i did and i see a lot of "can i get 200 hp" or - "are there any better parts for" - or other questions that have already been answered by what i did to my 3.4

do i think its better than all the 3.4s on here? no. will it be pretty soon? yup.

if you don't know why by now, well. whatever. btw, having a "fata$$" is better than having a fat head. please figure out what you are talking about before you open your mouth

~ "this is what you're doing (moves fingers and thumb like hand is talking)...this is what i want you to do! - (closes fingers and thumb together)".

anyway. grow up ppl. no reason i dont post on this board much anymore. everytime i do i get called an idiot and told i dont know what im doin. whatever. when my car goes damn fast - well..dont come ask me for help.

-R

p.s. - 93Firebirdv6 - Nate i think your name is - dont be judgemental of the 3.4 just cause your dumba$$ couldnt figure out how to make it move. lots of people dont know anything about cars, just like you.

hybrid - \'\'hI-br&d - The offspring of a cross between species.
                            Co-Founder West Coast F-Bodies
                            West Coast F-Bodies Car Club - WCFB Message Board

Comment

• tell it like it is bro amen amen [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

• <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 93v6firebird:
                                3.4L suck a$$
                                They were overrated at 160hp, mostly because GM couldnt admit that after making the 2.8 to the 3.1 and then to the 3.4 they got ****ty gains. Its more like a 145-150hp and 125 at the wheels.
                                You'll need all boltons, lighten up the drivetrain, headers, and some internal engine work - p&pd heads, intake, valve job, rocker arms.
                                Honestly if you wanna get big gains out of your car buy tiago's turbo... if you wanna go all out strengthen the internals as well.
                                Just what I think.
                                <hr></blockquote>

You shoudl do a 3.8L swap they are only $600 so I hear.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X