200hp 3.4l is it possible without power adder? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

200hp 3.4l is it possible without power adder?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by nikkev:

Sure he did.He got his highest NA dyno and his worst N2o dyno on the same day.He dyno'd 199.7? or something like that.And this was in an auto.I am comparing autos to autos here!He did a few more mods and expected to hit 300rwhp+ with nitrous,but actually lost a few ponies on the juice and gained a few NA.I tried to model my old '95 3.4 after his!

[ October 08, 2003: Message edited by: nikkev ]
    <hr></blockquote>

damn. well he told me he never did..sorry if im wrong on that one..

hybrid - \'\'hI-br&d - The offspring of a cross between species.
    Co-Founder West Coast F-Bodies
    West Coast F-Bodies Car Club - WCFB Message Board

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Russell:

damn. well he told me he never did..sorry if im wrong on that one..
      <hr></blockquote>

All the numbers I got were off his old V6 website,plus a few e-mails.I don't know if the V6 site is still up or not.Haven't had my 3.4 in a while.I sure do miss it [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
      1998 Black Z28<br />1995 Black 3.4 (@#$$%* ex took it!)<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/nikkev1/lst?.dir=/New+Camaro&.view=t\" target=\"_blank\">Pics</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.scfyb.com/phpBB2/\" target=\"_blank\">Carolina Board</a>

Comment

I hate to chime in so late but, I absolutely hate it when people come on V6, READ IT AGAIN, V6 sites and talk about V8's. No one here has or at this point some might not want a V8 with turbo kits coming out. I don't even bother wasting my time with those *******s at fbody.com Those guys think a V8 is god's gift when most of them can barely afford to mod them because of the insurance. I have always wanted to do a bad *** , big boost 3.8. After watching these motors in racing action and watching Supras puttin out 950 rwhp. Yeah yeah yeah it is a different motor but imagine how much rwhp a 3.8 can make with the same mods as a Supra might get, rods, pistons, cam, head and manifold work, then top off with a T-66 like I want or maybe even a T-70. If a Honda 4 cylinder can move a these a 3.8 liter damn sure can and I am going to do it. By the way, 3.4's don't suck they just require a little work to get 200 hp {I assume the guy meant at the motor}. Tiago, pathogen and others are starting a new revolution for fbody performance. **** doing a V8, that is old news. It's all boost to me now. There I am done. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
        97 Camaro RS<br /><br />\"Just a V6 huh?, let\'s go find out how slow it is\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 97 30th RS:
          I hate to chime in so late but, I absolutely hate it when people come on V6, READ IT AGAIN, V6 sites and talk about V8's. No one here has or at this point some might not want a V8 with turbo kits coming out. I don't even bother wasting my time with those *******s at fbody.com Those guys think a V8 is god's gift when most of them can barely afford to mod them because of the insurance. I have always wanted to do a bad *** , big boost 3.8. After watching these motors in racing action and watching Supras puttin out 950 rwhp. Yeah yeah yeah it is a different motor but imagine how much rwhp a 3.8 can make with the same mods as a Supra might get, rods, pistons, cam, head and manifold work, then top off with a T-66 like I want or maybe even a T-70. If a Honda 4 cylinder can move a these a 3.8 liter damn sure can and I am going to do it. By the way, 3.4's don't suck they just require a little work to get 200 hp {I assume the guy meant at the motor}. Tiago, pathogen and others are starting a new revolution for fbody performance. **** doing a V8, that is old news. It's all boost to me now. There I am done. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Hehe,not all of us are jerks.Also,don't hate us,Tiago is making a kit for LS1's too!
          [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
          1998 Black Z28<br />1995 Black 3.4 (@#$$%* ex took it!)<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/nikkev1/lst?.dir=/New+Camaro&.view=t\" target=\"_blank\">Pics</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.scfyb.com/phpBB2/\" target=\"_blank\">Carolina Board</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Timbo1969:

Actually if you look at the Timeslips page you'll see that stock 3.8 N/A times start in the mid 16's. Running high 14's is very hard with a stock 3.8 especially if it has the 3.08 open rear end. Actually the only V6 car I've see run in the 14's stock is the GTP, as far as current GM cars go anyway. This site is about modifying your car to make it faster. It's not about which motor is better. So please give the which motor is better debate a rest.
            <hr></blockquote>

Thats what I am trying to say... I see a 3.8L as a high 15, low 16 second car with the potential for mid 15s relatively easily.

Not a high 14, low 15 second car STOCK. Sure they can be modded an run better, I just hate when people make up facts.

3.4L definitely has flaws, but then again so does the 3.8L...

But they both can be built up, an both have potential... 60* v6 is used in many many circle track cars, an also in lots of kit cars like Stalkers.

Comment

Russell: did you buy your car with the engine in form that it currently is?
              If you bought an LS1 and put in it.. would your car be stock?
              stop being ridiculous. Your car isnt stock.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 93v6firebird:
                Russell: did you buy your car with the engine in form that it currently is?
                If you bought an LS1 and put in it.. would your car be stock?
                stop being ridiculous. Your car isnt stock.
                <hr></blockquote>

i didnt say my car was stock - stop being stupid..o wait..thats impossible for you.

i said the ENGINE was akin to a stock 3400 engine. specs wise. the only differences are TWO: cam / headers. thats it. everything else about the 3.4 in my car and the stock GM 3400 are identical. EVERYTHING.

and do everyone a favor, stop sticking your nose in **** you dont know about. getting tired of you thinking you are all superior. the only thing you are is a sophomore.

-R

hybrid - \'\'hI-br&d - The offspring of a cross between species.
                Co-Founder West Coast F-Bodies
                West Coast F-Bodies Car Club - WCFB Message Board

Comment

Man I have been waiting, reading and searching for some info on this 200hp thread and I *****ed that a bunch of 3.8l shlubs keep pipin' up about their cars being better, please read this! Shlubs who have 3.8's and opinions on 3.4's: I don't care what you have in your car, I don't care about your opinion unless its helpful, if your on here to dog out a 3.4 then shut up! I have already posted once that your negative and unneeded comments just waste the time of people tring to learn something and the moderator told ME to chill out cause he has a 3.4 and they suck! F*** that man I love my car I want to run the engine thats in MY car, I WANT HELP FROM A FRIKKIN BOARD THAT ISN'T ALL ABOUT ONEUPSMANSHIP! Is there anybody (thanks Russell)other than russell with something helpful to say! Otherwise Shut UP!!!
                  94 3.4L firebird<br />BMR STB, BMR swaybars, H&R springs, Custom air intake, 160 temp stat, slp fan switch,aluminum 1 piece driveshaft, LCA reloc brackets and billet LCA\'s, Masitaly 18x8 wheels, Kumho Ecsta 245/40/18\'s , Custom exhaust, catco High flow cat, spohn panhard and custom upper rod, MSD blaster coils, MSD 6A, APC seats on the floor of my apartment and headers on the way

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by firstlove94:
                    Man I have been waiting, reading and searching for some info on this 200hp thread and I *****ed that a bunch of 3.8l shlubs keep pipin' up about their cars being better, please read this! Shlubs who have 3.8's and opinions on 3.4's: I don't care what you have in your car, I don't care about your opinion unless its helpful, if your on here to dog out a 3.4 then shut up! I have already posted once that your negative and unneeded comments just waste the time of people tring to learn something and the moderator told ME to chill out cause he has a 3.4 and they suck! F*** that man I love my car I want to run the engine thats in MY car, I WANT HELP FROM A FRIKKIN BOARD THAT ISN'T ALL ABOUT ONEUPSMANSHIP! Is there anybody (thanks Russell)other than russell with something helpful to say! Otherwise Shut UP!!!<hr></blockquote>

AMEN!
                    but sorry to say thats hard to do here...

Acutally if i remebered correctly my car was supposedly near 200 hp at the flywheel, I think I came up with 173 at the wheels doing the weight of car, 1/4 mile trap speed and time formula. But that is not exactly accurate. And I not really sure I mad the gains I did with my mods... But hey if the calculators are right then they are right.

Anyone have a link to one I will try it out again.

[ October 09, 2003: Message edited by: MustangEater8251 ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Man I have been waiting, reading and searching for some info on this 200hp thread and I *****ed that a bunch of 3.8l shlubs keep pipin' up about their cars being better, please read this! Shlubs who have 3.8's and opinions on 3.4's: I don't care what you have in your car, I don't care about your opinion unless its helpful, if your on here to dog out a 3.4 then shut up! I have already posted once that your negative and unneeded comments just waste the time of people tring to learn something and the moderator told ME to chill out cause he has a 3.4 and they suck! F*** that man I love my car I want to run the engine thats in MY car, I WANT HELP FROM A FRIKKIN BOARD THAT ISN'T ALL ABOUT ONEUPSMANSHIP! Is there anybody (thanks Russell)other than russell with something helpful to say! Otherwise Shut UP!!!<hr></blockquote>

It's funny how some 3.8 owners get the attitude of a V8 owner when discussing 3.4's....

-Justin
                      <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Justin Kirkham:

It's funny how some 3.8 owners get the attitude of a V8 owner when discussing 3.4's....

-Justin
                        <hr></blockquote>

V8 owner to 3.8L owner...
                        "why did you mod a v6, the money you spend on the v6 is outragous for what it takes to be stock to a v8.

3.8L owner to 3.4L...
                        "why do you mod a 3.4L, the money you spend on the 3.4L is outrageous for what it takes to be stock ot a 3.8L.

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Well at least we are not modding 4cly like some people i know, cough(James)cough. :D [img]tongue.gif[/img] ;)
                          2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 97 30th RS:
                            I hate to chime in so late but, I absolutely hate it when people come on V6, READ IT AGAIN, V6 sites and talk about V8's. No one here has or at this point some might not want a V8 with turbo kits coming out. I don't even bother wasting my time with those *******s at fbody.com Those guys think a V8 is god's gift when most of them can barely afford to mod them because of the insurance. I have always wanted to do a bad *** , big boost 3.8. After watching these motors in racing action and watching Supras puttin out 950 rwhp. Yeah yeah yeah it is a different motor but imagine how much rwhp a 3.8 can make with the same mods as a Supra might get, rods, pistons, cam, head and manifold work, then top off with a T-66 like I want or maybe even a T-70. If a Honda 4 cylinder can move a these a 3.8 liter damn sure can and I am going to do it. By the way, 3.4's don't suck they just require a little work to get 200 hp {I assume the guy meant at the motor}. Tiago, pathogen and others are starting a new revolution for fbody performance. **** doing a V8, that is old news. It's all boost to me now. There I am done. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Good point, except a 950rwhp supra will run like 10s.
                            Supras are a hard car to get down the track, but they look bad *** .

I think the point has been proven, 3.4 isn't that bad of a motor, and TTT.
                            <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 95Batmobile:

Good point, except a 950rwhp supra will run like 10s.
                              Supras are a hard car to get down the track, but they look bad *** .

<hr></blockquote>

Whats the difference between a 700 hp supra, a 800 hp supra, a 900 hp supra and a 1200 supra...

Nothing they all run 12s

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MustangEater8251:

Whats the difference between a 700 hp supra, a 800 hp supra, a 900 hp supra and a 1200 supra...

Nothing they all run 12s

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
                                <hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                                Good one..
                                <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X