No announcement yet.

Spark Plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next week a mechanic, friend of mine, will teach me how to do it. I have my NGK's ready. I have the hane's manual, but do not explain in detail how to do it.
    Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

you are going to do the wires too...right? If your not planing on it you might want to go ahead and do it, now is the time, besides, they usually break when you pull them off. Go ahead an throw some new coil packs in as well.
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

It may be good idea. Hanes do not advice that, just recomend to take them off very carefully with an special tool. I will consider your recomendation.
        Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

I just did my plugs and wires yesterday on my 97... it took all of four hours for just five of the plugs, then I had to go to work, left the car in the garage and finished this morning. On my car, they are hell. I was expecting maybe two hours to change them... heh.

A few tips, prepare for the use of a floor jack, jack stands, and wheel chocks... you need them all. Make sure the car is cold, those heat shields by the exhaust manifolds are hot ;p. Make sure you have a WIDE variety of tools. For example, plenty of sockets, all sorts of lenghts, a few extensions of a variety of lengths. Pliers, flathead screwdriver, a crowbar or similar (for prying the stock wires off of the engine...) PLENTY of patience, and a few bandaids. All in all, it was a great learning experience for me, I loved it... it was my first time really getting down and greasy.

Comment

Re: Spark Plugs

As I told you, a mechanic from Mexico, friend of mine, help me to do it. It took one hour to do it. He said it was the first time replacing plugs to a camaro. He took some time to find the plugs and said if he would do it the next time, it would take him 30 minutes. We just allowed the car to cool 30 minutes. I got some burn, but he was working like if the car was completely cold. That guy is good! He explained me in detail how to do it, but for me doing it alone it would take more than one hour, I think. About using jack stands, I felt more safe using plastic ramps.
            Last edited by borispeed; 04-02-2006, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X