Spark Plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark Plugs

Are the spark plugs and wires hard to change on the 3800? I did it one time on my 95 Monte, a 3.1 V6, and it was a pain, but not impossible.

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

not hard at all
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

It will be a pain in the ***.

Originally posted by slow6:
      not hard at all
      No, it will be hard because he doesn't have tubular manifolds. ;)
      Matt
      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

ohhh good old 98's......

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

I thought it was near impossible because most of the engine is under....I have plugs but thought it would be impossible to change

Comment

Its not impossible....but it does require you to have a vast vocabulary of both 4, 5, and 6 letter words.
            3.8L Dk Blue 1998 Camaro<br /><br />Soon to have 80\'s in the back

Comment

would it even be owrth it? Or should I get a mechanic to do it?

Comment

I asked around and I was quoted $150+ by more than one place. As soon as you say 98 Camaro you can hear the wince in their voice. It's actually entertaining.

It took me 6 hours. I looked like I had been attacked by a lion when I was finished from all the scratches. But yeah, for the money I saved i'd do it again. Just have the right tools, a lot of patience, and a few beers and you can do it.
                1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

ha, those poor mechanics........ I have a 98 AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (they all run in fear!)

Would getting under it be easier (I might be able to borrow a lift)? And when you say tools what kind would you recommend (other than the obvious)? I have replaced plugs on my monte and it took about 4 hours...so hopfully that exp can help speed things up.

Ive never replaced plugs before, is that easy or tough?

Comment

I just replaced mine and I have tubular manifolds. It wasnt hard it was painfull! I still had the stock ones on and the wires where baked to the plugs. I raked off 4 knuckles....lol

Comment

oh good I could always stand to loose some knuckles!!! HA

Comment

actually changing ur plugs is a cinch, getting to them is the problem. i've got headers and still had to attack 2 of the plugs from underneath. anyhow yeah, go find some jackstands, only way to get to them. i cant remember if i could change any from the top before i put the headers on, but you WILL need to get under the car. happy hunting.
                        Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Comment

Don't forget to dab the new spark plug threads with anti-seize compound! This valuable tip will save you from being scared to go underneath your vehicle next time around. Its definitely worth it. [img]smile.gif[/img] Ask for it when you're at the parts store.
                          Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Originally posted by Antiricer4u:
                            Its not impossible....but it does require you to have a vast vocabulary of both 4, 5, and 6 letter words.
                            It also requirs the ability to combine those words together in a creative fashion.

For example "****en pussy peice of **** i'll ****en slit your ****en throat ****en *** **** licker **** **** **** *** with a parking ticket!!!"
                            <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Originally posted by Antiricer4u:
                              when I say impossible you know what I mean... more a pain in the *** than any thing.... I changed my civic ones... was a cinch... my friend gave me the bosch plugs but I was like... "have you seen where the plugs are?".... did you guys use a ratchet with a joint on it?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X