Need help/adivce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help/adivce

Ok I have 96 Firebird intake, headers, y pipe, gutted cat and a cat back with no muffler. needless to say I dont think I'd pass inspections here in MD. but I went anyways. the things is my car didnt even get to run because it failed in 3 codes.

the first was the IAT sensor
    the Second I was told that it was the heater sensor
    and the third was a multiple/random cylinder misfire

My friends dad is a mechanic and told me that I would need about 4 sensor because something about bank 2 and that each sensor could cost 98 $ and that he had a fried that could pass my car for 150 for 2 years. now my question is should I just get it passed or should I replace all that? and of course gettin it all replaced would be the better thing to do but I feel like if it isn't affecting my cars performance then I don't really wanna shell out that money.
    honestly my car has been running fine no problem no stalls no stuttering.

Lastly, I have a full exhaust and intake but thats it as far a preformance! what do ya'll think I should do next?
    I am the merciless God of anything that stirs in my universe!!!!

I say go ahead and replace your sensors and get that mis fixed so the car runs well. After that I would probably get it passed the shady way. My understanding is MD is pretty anal about emisions so you wouldn't pass going in there without something like a muffler.

Comment

Lastly, I have a full exhaust and intake but thats it as far a preformance! what do ya'll think I should do next?
      Upgrade your gears or get a posi unit. That would be fun.
      1999 Firebird

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        4 days ago
      • ssms5411
        Little work today
        by ssms5411
        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
        2 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X