Need help/adivce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help/adivce

Ok I have 96 Firebird intake, headers, y pipe, gutted cat and a cat back with no muffler. needless to say I dont think I'd pass inspections here in MD. but I went anyways. the things is my car didnt even get to run because it failed in 3 codes.

the first was the IAT sensor
    the Second I was told that it was the heater sensor
    and the third was a multiple/random cylinder misfire

My friends dad is a mechanic and told me that I would need about 4 sensor because something about bank 2 and that each sensor could cost 98 $ and that he had a fried that could pass my car for 150 for 2 years. now my question is should I just get it passed or should I replace all that? and of course gettin it all replaced would be the better thing to do but I feel like if it isn't affecting my cars performance then I don't really wanna shell out that money.
    honestly my car has been running fine no problem no stalls no stuttering.

Lastly, I have a full exhaust and intake but thats it as far a preformance! what do ya'll think I should do next?
    I am the merciless God of anything that stirs in my universe!!!!

I say go ahead and replace your sensors and get that mis fixed so the car runs well. After that I would probably get it passed the shady way. My understanding is MD is pretty anal about emisions so you wouldn't pass going in there without something like a muffler.

Comment

Lastly, I have a full exhaust and intake but thats it as far a preformance! what do ya'll think I should do next?
      Upgrade your gears or get a posi unit. That would be fun.
      1999 Firebird

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X