Purge valve placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purge valve placement

I have a 01 firebird that I just swapped motors on now I have this purge valve that I cannot find where it goes or even how it goes I have looked for diagrams of my motor but no luck I also cannot find where the sensor plug is either just very frustrated

Is the valve even needed ?????

Can anyone please help I would be very greatfull

Re: Purge valve placement

Can you get a picture of it?
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro
    L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

This is what I have

Click image for larger version

Name:	phone pics 2012 661.jpg
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	1537023

Comment

I believe that goes on the left (as you're looking at the engine) side of the upper intake and hooks up to the sensor of the back of the upper intake, and comes forward behind the alternator.
        1997 Chevrolet Camaro
        L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

I think there's a plastic line that hooks up to it as well on the other end. If you can't figure it out by the time I get off work ill look at my car for ya.
          1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

Dont think I will as it is just problem after problem but the help is much appreciated THANK YOU

Comment

Thats your Evap sensor , if you have Hptuners you can delete it out if you wanted.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Ok u all may think Im an idoit but what are HPTUNERS

I swaped motors from an 97 camero to my 01 firebird would that make a difference
                with this

Comment

Originally posted by dja2006 View Post
                  Ok u all may think Im an idoit but what are HPTUNERS

I swaped motors from an 97 camero to my 01 firebird would that make a difference
                  with this
                  hptuners is something you plug into your obd port to change the factory settings on your cars computer, to simply put it.

it doesnt matter what engine is in the car, just what ecm you used, 97 or 01'

Comment

Purge valve placement

Is there anyway to bypass the purge valve and evaporative emission? I'm tired of getting the evaporative emission code and nothing I do fixes it. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X