Fuel pump died, not paying $1,110 to fix it... Help! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel pump died, not paying $1,110 to fix it... Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fuel pump died, not paying $1,110 to fix it... Help!

Should of went with the Racetronix pump less money and a better flowing pump. But oh well aslong as it works.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

My car is just a stock DD outside of a flowmaster and some cool american racing wheels. I just wanted a quality OEM pump. How much clearance am I looking at with my 99' between the (plastic) tank amd fuel lines and the metal I'm cutting through? My dad seems to think I'm gonna blow myself up...

Comment

You got a good deal on the pump , but could of gotten a better deal on the other one.LOL Just draw the lines your going to cut and don't go too far down with the dremel just try to stay up top. When I did mine I cut only half out so I could see and feel how far the tank and lines were away from the top, worked out really well.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Just because it flows more doesn't mean its more "reliable"

I am willing to bet more people have gotten more "reliable" miles out of AC Delcos, then racetronic/walboros... Though I am sure both will last longer then the car

Comment

Dudes, how to I get the lock ring off!? I beat the crap out of it with a hammer and screwdriver at it isn't even budging. Tried WD-40 too. Is there like a special tool I need?

Comment

Never mind, had to buy a huge set of channel locks and use a huge clamp as a breaker bar. With that it was easy. But no way was it coming off with just a hammer and screwdriver. Most frustrating 2 hours ever!!!!!!! :rant: Car runs like a champ now though. :rock:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X