Water leaking in passenger footwell (not coolant) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water leaking in passenger footwell (not coolant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water leaking in passenger footwell (not coolant)

Based on how many people have moved / altered the gromet and not had water issues, it sounds like you may have had another issue higher up which allowed water to the gromet area rather than the gromet being the root cause. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by IceHammer View Post
      Based on how many people have moved / altered the gromet and not had water issues, it sounds like you may have had another issue higher up which allowed water to the gromet area rather than the gromet being the root cause. Just a thought.
      most people have floor mats though...I know with my floor mat you don't see the puddle of water, only if you remove it while it's still pouring outside you will.

Im willing to bet that anyone who has a grommet removed or cut without silicone added will probably have a damp carpet in the footwell under their floormats if they touch it after a nice storm

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

That's true. The water actually seeps down the inside and then UNDER the carpet. I took the floor mats out and it seeps through the carpet from the bottom up. With the mats it would be totally hidden.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X