P0441 Evap code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P0441 Evap code

So I thought I was finally out of the engine code woods and could get an inspection but I am now getting the 0441 evap code. I thought it was getting set as a fuel line (i think its the evap line) had a rotted rubber connector. I replaced with a small length of vinal tubing. Evap code is coming back. I frequently get a gas smell with a full tank and cornering. I think something in my evap system is leaky but haven't the foggiest where to start looking other than the canister which from what I am reading is in the rear wheel well. Has anyone had a stubborn evap code that could give me some pointers where to find my troubles? My inspection was up in May and i need to get a clear read on codes to pass NY emissions.
    96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Re: P0441 Evap code

There are evap lines that go to the sending unit in the tank. Check those.
    sigpic

Comment

not sure what year it started...i think in 01, they put the evap canister on top of the gas tank. So to check it or change it out you have to drop your gas tank.
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Its the vac line from the TB to the solenoid. The replacement i put on there was angled too sharply and the rubber connectors deteriorated.
        96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X