Me vs. the Dealership, Round 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by basemodel:
    my rear main seal leaks like a cheap silicone implant.
    [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

You won't like my opinion but I think you've got a very tough uphill battle with this one.

When you bought an extended warranty for your Camaro, you agreed to leave the mechanical workings of your car alone and assumed that the manufacturer should have built the car well enough to last 3 additional years w/o any problems. I think this was a GOOD move since you apparently had some transmission problems already present. Additionally, it's paid for the costs of replacing your defective oil pan. Good job!! [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

But, when you tinkered with the tranny (either you or your mechanic, it doesn't matter, the car was altered) you voided your warranty. I'm making some assumptions since I haven't been able to look over the contract. It seems to me that you picked a fight you can't handle. Your plan is to lie to and decieve the dealership into paying for repairs which you most likely caused. Your walking into a lion's den here, bud. That dealership has better lawyers behind it than you could ever imagine having. The minute they find out you've modded that transmission, they're going to blame YOU for the problems. Unless you can prove that the car drove like that before you purchased it, you'll only have your word against their's. Imagine how that would look in court, Dealership says, "The car was in perfect working order when we sold it." You say, "It shifted rough so I installed a performance shift kit and it still ran rough." Court says, "The guy who tinkered with his tranny now has to pay for any costs of repair incurred!" :( :( :(

I'm not trying to bust your balls, I'm just giving you some heads up about what you're getting into. Good luck, and I hope this thing works out for you in the long run without any additional expenses.

[ May 09, 2004, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Harbin1 ]
      95 Camaro 3.4L A4<br />Bosch plugs/MSD wires, K&N FIPK , Magnaflow catback, hi-flo cat, B&M Shift+, Dee\'s spacer<br />Kenwood KDX-859, eXcelon Amps, Infinity Kappa 3-way doors and Perfect10 sub<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/harbins95\" target=\"_blank\">Behold, the raw fury that is known as the 3.4!!!</a>

Comment

i here what you're saying.. but my trans problems wasn't due to the shift kit.. the kit advertises to extend trans life.. thus, thinking i was doing something good. THe car's always had hard 1-2 gear shifts..and they released a TSB about that

my point of view is this.. my trans was bummin' in beginning.. but I DIDN'T KNOW IT.. i didn't know that hard 1-2 gear shifts caused problems.. so I got a shift kit in an attempt to alleviate the problem.. but I have found it has not.. so removing the shift kit to fix a problem that existed in the beginning is a bad thing? I dunno

is it that difficult to uninstall a shift kit so that part of the car returns to how it should be.. without being obvious?
        ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

UPDATE.. well dropped the car off friday morning.. today they said they'd have it done.. but upon calling, they told me my oil thinning gasket crumbled when working on my pan!?! So I don't get it back till tomorrow.. and yeah, no rent car while my car's out of service (is it because i'm 21?). So my question is, what's the oil thinning gasket? Important? Expensive?

thanks and lemme know
          ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X