AC driving me nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC driving me nuts

Ok, hopefully someone out here has an answer before I throw this car off a cliff. My AC hasn't been working for quite a while now (about a year). Being that i'm in Texas, this has to get fixed, so, I recharged my freon and it was cool..for about a day..then I charge it up with some leak detector...OK, so I'm pretty sure I have a massive leak on the high pressure side. I replace the entire high-pressure assembly (everything from the drier to the Condenser) and get a vacuum pulled on the line (wife works for an AC company). So now, the AC tech says it looks good after running it for quite a while. Great, so when she gets home I go out for a ride and I have cool air again! Or so I think. When I turn it on today it's blowing warm air again, and i'm guessing all that freon has gone to a better place :mad: :mad: :mad: . I did NOT replace the drier, as you 3.8L guys can see, this is even more of a pain in the *** than replacing the high-pressure side, and I drove it and kept the AC on for quite a ways, so I gave it plenty of chance to cool down. I really don't want to rip up the dash and replace all the crap behind there either. Sorry to sound like an a-hole, but I'm just ranting..this really makes me :mad: . Anyone else had this problem?
    \'97 v6. based out. See sig.<br />\"I\'d rather be rich than stupid\"

Sounds like a problem I had w/my honda. The actual compressor was leaking, all the tubing looked good, no leaks...would refill w/freon, worked a couple of days and then nothing but warm air.
    Joel<br />God is my copilot, but Satan has his foot on the gas!<br />94 3.4L AutoCamaroRagtop w/MSD ignition,Accelcoilpacks,K&N FIPK,BMR SFC&STB,3\"Catco w/3\"catbackSS muffler,JetStage 2,HomemadePIAAheadlightconversion <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968</a>

Comment

Thanks CARdiac..I think you might be right..I should have checked this when I removed the high-pressure line..

Comment

not sure if this is helpful but had the same prob with my monte carlo..and i replaced everything..except the coil behind the dash..if that coil is thie ri would defnitely look into checking that could be leak detctor all in your dash dude
        you say its a v6 like its a bad thing

Comment

That's also a good point, good news for me though, a tech at my wife's work is letting us borrow the nice laser leak detector thing. Supposedly is very accurate down to a pinhole leak..i'll post in case anyone else is having this problem..

Comment

go to autozone they have some stuff that will supposedly seal any leak it is for r134a. i tried and it seams to be working pretty good.
            the curb that you don\'t see is always the most damaging

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X