AC driving me nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC driving me nuts

Ok, hopefully someone out here has an answer before I throw this car off a cliff. My AC hasn't been working for quite a while now (about a year). Being that i'm in Texas, this has to get fixed, so, I recharged my freon and it was cool..for about a day..then I charge it up with some leak detector...OK, so I'm pretty sure I have a massive leak on the high pressure side. I replace the entire high-pressure assembly (everything from the drier to the Condenser) and get a vacuum pulled on the line (wife works for an AC company). So now, the AC tech says it looks good after running it for quite a while. Great, so when she gets home I go out for a ride and I have cool air again! Or so I think. When I turn it on today it's blowing warm air again, and i'm guessing all that freon has gone to a better place :mad: :mad: :mad: . I did NOT replace the drier, as you 3.8L guys can see, this is even more of a pain in the *** than replacing the high-pressure side, and I drove it and kept the AC on for quite a ways, so I gave it plenty of chance to cool down. I really don't want to rip up the dash and replace all the crap behind there either. Sorry to sound like an a-hole, but I'm just ranting..this really makes me :mad: . Anyone else had this problem?
    \'97 v6. based out. See sig.<br />\"I\'d rather be rich than stupid\"

Sounds like a problem I had w/my honda. The actual compressor was leaking, all the tubing looked good, no leaks...would refill w/freon, worked a couple of days and then nothing but warm air.
    Joel<br />God is my copilot, but Satan has his foot on the gas!<br />94 3.4L AutoCamaroRagtop w/MSD ignition,Accelcoilpacks,K&N FIPK,BMR SFC&STB,3\"Catco w/3\"catbackSS muffler,JetStage 2,HomemadePIAAheadlightconversion <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968</a>

Comment

Thanks CARdiac..I think you might be right..I should have checked this when I removed the high-pressure line..

Comment

not sure if this is helpful but had the same prob with my monte carlo..and i replaced everything..except the coil behind the dash..if that coil is thie ri would defnitely look into checking that could be leak detctor all in your dash dude
        you say its a v6 like its a bad thing

Comment

That's also a good point, good news for me though, a tech at my wife's work is letting us borrow the nice laser leak detector thing. Supposedly is very accurate down to a pinhole leak..i'll post in case anyone else is having this problem..

Comment

go to autozone they have some stuff that will supposedly seal any leak it is for r134a. i tried and it seams to be working pretty good.
            the curb that you don\'t see is always the most damaging

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              2 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X