~ Knocking on startup ~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~ Knocking on startup ~

if your problem still persists.....then..oh dang, no bueno.

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod.sixty9 View Post
      Happened again... This time about 5 minutes!

Sounded like it was coming from alternaor area or below/behind it... like that helps...

Anymore input guys... wtf do i do?
      how loud is the knocking noise?

something on my car makes a knocking/rattling noise, its not really consistent with the engine, im pretty sure it is one of the accessories, or the balacer

Comment

Pretty damned loud.

Does it almost every start now. But only does it on startup for about a minute.

Deff consistent with engine RPM. Ill try to get that recording ASAP
        sigpic
        98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

its people like you... who ***k there engines over because you CONTINUE to drive them. I'm guessing you did not take my advise. My familys' been in auto mechanics for decades. My typed advice was not for my own amusement. You wouldnt beleive that a cloged lifter or a pushrod would make such noises but they do, and without proper care and procedures. They will continue to get louder.

Comment

Originally posted by thedetailman View Post
            its people like you... who ***k there engines over because you CONTINUE to drive them. I'm guessing you did not take my advise. My familys' been in auto mechanics for decades. My typed advice was not for my own amusement. You wouldnt beleive that a cloged lifter or a pushrod would make such noises but they do, and without proper care and procedures. They will continue to get louder.
            It's been like a day. I know the longer you let things go the worse they get but really though, it's been like a day. Here.. Watch the banana for 2 minutes and see how you feel then. :banana:

TEAM C6V6

Comment

better :D lol

Comment

He never fails.

Here. This was absolutely ridiculous the first time I watched it. But it gets better.. Kinda like Rob Burgandy, Anchorman.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH5ay10RTGY

Soooo about that knocking. If that works let us know. I have a bit of a tick that I'm sure is something that got into my oil and lives in one of my lifters. If this works for you I'll try it for sure.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

OMG!!! haha wow. i just face booked that shiz.

and yes. I hope he does try it. If that doesn't work...then its "no bueno"

Comment

i have never heard a hydraulic lifter make a knocking noise.

i have heard ticking/rapping though from the valvetrain being loose, although the symptoms does sound like a bad lifter, i doubt thats the problem

Comment

First, I will never look at a banana the same again.

Second, with the sheer /facepalm of that video still raping my mind, cam98aro's "rapping" post made me think of me popping my hood to listen to my valve covers rap a death song shortly before somehow blowing up.

ON TOPIC. If you have the chance, I would take the lifters out and clean them by hand. It's the only sure-fire way of making damn sure its A. The lifters, and B. that if it is, they will not come back.

Comment

How about I dont have a f'n choice. I cant walk 60 miles back and forth to work each day...

I will do a flush, but I was waiting on others to chime in on your procedure or have them counter offer. No offence but I like to hear everyones input. So dont call me 'one of those people'.

Im not claiming to be a pro by any means, but Ive had 2 other 3.8's that had lifter tap. And they sounded nothing like this. I will take your advice, but Im sure you can understand my scepticism...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod.sixty9 View Post
                          How about I dont have a f'n choice. I cant walk 60 miles back and forth to work each day...

I will do a flush, but I was waiting on others to chime in on your procedure or have them counter offer. No offence but I like to hear everyones input. So dont call me 'one of those people'.

Im not claiming to be a pro by any means, but Ive had 2 other 3.8's that had lifter tap. And they sounded nothing like this. I will take your advice, but Im sure you can understand my scepticism...
                          So you're telling me you missed the banana video huh?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                            So you're telling me you missed the banana video huh?
                            Not really sure this what this has to do with this thread. Doesnt matter because I cant watch it anyway. At work...
                            sigpic

Comment

It only has to do with preventing this thread from turning into a big ole flame war. So eh, don't pull me into it.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

definitly,i understand. Im sorry for coming off rude. But as for the flush (with diesal fuel and engine flush) it really does work wonders. I hope it solves the problem.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X