valve knock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: valve knock

It definiatley sounds like you have spun a bearing there sir. Pull the pan and push on the bearings to check them. Which ever one has clearance is the one that is bad. If thats the case you can buy an oversized bearing. I think the biggest is a .030. If you have more than .030 of clearance then you might as well put a fork in it cause its done. Just hope its not because it is a PITA to deal with.

Comment

Why not replace the engine? I bet you could find one for a lot cheaper than a whole other car.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Watazz View Post
        It definiatley sounds like you have spun a bearing there sir. Pull the pan and push on the bearings to check them. Which ever one has clearance is the one that is bad. If thats the case you can buy an oversized bearing. I think the biggest is a .030. If you have more than .030 of clearance then you might as well put a fork in it cause its done. Just hope its not because it is a PITA to deal with.
        Need to measure it. Hopefully it's not out of round, e.i.-eggshaped. Most of the time the crank needs to be turned and the rods resized.

Comment

Originally posted by savagecamaro96 View Post
          check engine light was on, got the code, p0305
          cylinder 5 misfire, i guess that rules out the balancer and the flexplate.
          With a spun rod bearing, the slack (lack of a better word) between the crank and the bearing gets bigger and allows the piston to move up in the cylinder. Probably the piston hit the plug and closed the gap. Pull that plug and see what it looks like.

Comment

he did pull the plug and it was fine.

Comment

Just look around. I got a new long block for my bird for like 3000 installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Opontee View Post
                With a spun rod bearing, the slack (lack of a better word) between the crank and the bearing gets bigger and allows the piston to move up in the cylinder. Probably the piston hit the plug and closed the gap. Pull that plug and see what it looks like.
                a spun rod bearing will not cause enough movement in the piston to close the gap in the spark plug

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
                  a spun rod bearing will not cause enough movement in the piston to close the gap in the spark plug
                  ....x2
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post

I forget which engine I am talking about. They don't have domed pistons as most of my race engines do.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X