Which turbo for the 1/4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which turbo for the 1/4?

I've decided to turbocharge my 98 3.8 camaro.. The car is gonna be used mainly for the 1/4. I just need some help or advice on which turbo to buy. Garret seems to be a leader with quality turbos but they have so many models and all the numbers are getting confusing. I'd like to spend up to 1500ish maybe 2000 on it. I looked for simple explanations with what each of the spec numbers mean but they all mean hardly anything to me yet. I'd like to know what is going to do what when I'm behind the wheel.

TEAM C6V6

Re: Which turbo for the 1/4?

I have a FFF kit for sale, it spools fast as hell and would put you in the mid 13's i would presume altho I don't have actualy timeslips.

Comment

Originally posted by Injected413
      I have a FFF kit for sale, it spools fast as hell and would put you in the mid 13's i would presume altho I don't have actualy timeslips.
      Tell me more.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=86102

that pretty much says it all.

Comment

It depends on your setup....I have a Turbonetics T72, it spools fast...and has insane top end pull....but with a T61, you would see a quicker spool, but less top end pull.
          Juiced Rally Red 98 A4<br /><br />Way too much to list....<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415</a>

Comment

Alright, I was lookin forward to home welding but I'm interested. So what are your terms? I cannot pay the whole 1400 immediately, but I could pay a substantial amount of that quickly. Like 8-900 Also, could you put up some pictures of the headers?
            Last edited by Blizzard242; 12-10-2007, 03:12 PM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

how fast do you want to go? a t3/60-1 will put you deep into the 12s. eric shertz at dynotech performance has a 2001 buick regal going 10.85 @ 127 mph with a pt61. a t61 is big for a stock motor...forget a t72:rolleyes:

Comment

around 12 seconds sounds great to me. I plan on doin the cam, pnp heads, the rest of the valve train.. stall, gears. whatever else. Faster would be awesome but I'm gonna limit it due to.. safety.. reliability.. yeah, 12 seconds sounds fun. We'll see how I do with the turbo I might be getting from Injected. If it's not enough for me by the time I'm done with everything.. which it should be.. I'll replace it with a t61 or t70somethin. I just want to start to fill this puzzle in. A turbo would be a huge part.
                Last edited by Blizzard242; 12-10-2007, 09:50 PM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Ill post some pics of the headers in a few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by crysmatic
                    how fast do you want to go? a t3/60-1 will put you deep into the 12s. eric shertz at dynotech performance has a 2001 buick regal going 10.85 @ 127 mph with a pt61. a t61 is big for a stock motor...forget a t72:rolleyes:
                    thats most likely @ 20+ psi

Comment

Headers:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Also, these headers were purchased from Shodown, so they are reliable :)

Comment

Originally posted by crysmatic

yah...and thats T61 with a T3 flange is prolly, nearly maxed out around 23-25psi....I would make the same power as him a ton PSI lower....

My T72 is a custom built turbo. Its a T4 flanged, Ball bearing turbo. .58 hotside and a .72 A/R...3" V-band exhaust outlet. I see Full boost @ 3500rpms.... which that T61 prolly see's it at nearly the same.

If you have a turbo thats BUILT to match your car, it should work properly. In this case, It works awesome on mine. I have been through 3 turbo's and this is by far the best performing one i have ever had, hands down.
                          Juiced Rally Red 98 A4<br /><br />Way too much to list....<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Kidcamaro98
                            yah...and thats T61 with a T3 flange is prolly, nearly maxed out around 23-25psi....I would make the same power as him a ton PSI lower....

My T72 is a custom built turbo. Its a T4 flanged, Ball bearing turbo. .58 hotside and a .72 A/R...3" V-band exhaust outlet. I see Full boost @ 3500rpms.... which that T61 prolly see's it at nearly the same.

If you have a turbo thats BUILT to match your car, it should work properly. In this case, It works awesome on mine. I have been through 3 turbo's and this is by far the best performing one i have ever had, hands down.

your set up is B/A. :tup: did you ever beat that one V8 douche?

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

No...when he found out the stats on my car he backed out...he said for me to wait for next year when he has some "mods" lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X