No announcement yet.

Venting about prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, I just complain about me not having the $$.
    lol
    [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
    *MATT* <p>98 Camaro SS #1767 A4<br />Artic White<br />Not stock...<p>Former car:<br />96 Firebird Y87 A4<br />Bright Red<br />Wasn\'t stock...

Comment

one thing about the difference between the v6 people and the v8 people is that the companies who do make the high price parts..ie headers they do extensive research and many people can tell you...yeah i put those headers on my car and dropped .2...with the v6 the makers say yeah they help with maybe 6-10 hp..thats not enough to make me drop 6 bills on 6 hp..thats insane!!

the heads and cam packages are more expensive but are tried and true to gaurentee you to kick *** when done...come on...royce has the GM powerpack and runs a 15.0,..people do that better than that stock(NO ONFFENSE...ITS JUST A FACT) why in the world would i spend the money there until they can gaurentee some better numbers and the numbers are proven on someone elses car...

Yes the turbo and blowers do cost more and do require a nice amount of money to be able to play with when you start the project..the estimated cost of the unit and install wont cut it..unexpected problems will occur and if you dont have the money than your SOL.. but the gains will be bigger but the risks are greater also..

my .02

Jeff W

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by NBMA4V6:
        the heads and cam packages are more expensive but are tried and true to gaurentee you to kick *** when done...come on...royce has the GM powerpack and runs a 15.0,..people do that better than that stock(NO ONFFENSE...ITS JUST A FACT) why in the world would i spend the money there until they can gaurentee some better numbers and the numbers are proven on someone elses car...
        <hr></blockquote>

No offense taken, but that's not b/c of the car, it's b/c of me. I'm a newbie at the track. Let's just not look at the time. it was run at 94mph. that speed w/ a proper launch is capable
        of mid/low 14 et's, just look at the timeslip page. Most cars w/ lower et's than me also have a lower mph. I put 200hp to the wheels, and I know that some people are doing that w/ bolt ons, but looking at my before and after dyno sheets, you can see a 35 rear-wheel hp gain. Dyno's don't lie and they don't error like drivers at a track can. That 35rwhp gain can be transfered to a car making decent hp, or a factory freak that makes 200rwhp w/ boltons. A gain is a gain. And don't forget, that's before any tuning via computer or MAFT.
        And it's not like Tom from SuperSix just slapped this together. It was 4 months from the time we first started e-mailing to the time I got the parts, and he was already doing research and started working on it before I talked to him. So he's done his R&D. Besides, it's not like MTI or Agostino decided "let have an introductory price of $2000. Once people buy a few of our heads & cam packages than we can raise the price b/c it's been tried and proven". Highly unlikely :rolleyes:
        GM 3800 PowerPak guinea pig<p>\"what cam, that\'s just a nasty mis-fire...\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TheCardinal:
          So, this is a useless argument. Also, I agree, it does belong in the lounge.<hr></blockquote>

It doesn't matter. He owns & pays for the board. He can put it wherever he pleases.

As far as $$ are concerned, just say when that ATI 2.0 kit is ready, & show me a dyno sheet, b/c I have a credit card standing by.

i knew this was an expensive hobby when i started, but my rock collection was getting boring.
          <a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/bluethunder.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Electron Blue Corvette Coupe</a><br /><i>13.083@108.23</i><br /><br /><a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/WhoisNightRider/redfire.msnw\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Red Grandprix GTP</a> <b>SOLD</b><br /><i>14.49@94.42 (Bone stock)</i><br /><br />2002 Black Convertible Camaro Z28<br /><i>times comming real soon!</i>

Comment

yup this is a very expensive hobby. to a point LG Motorsports logo is correct "where money buys speed". it does get a bit annoying to hear a bunch of whining that there are no mods out there. then when mods come out all you hear is a bunch of whining about there price.
            i was swimming in the carribean. animals were hiding behind the rocks except for the little fish, but they told me the squid\'s trying to talk to me. oink, oink. where is my mind?

Comment

yep.. this is expensive.. which is why I have decided not to mod my car.. hell right now I just want to get it looking good.. :rolleyes: .. I am going to say one thing in defense of the "whiners" .. while I am not new to having to work on my ride (been driving junk since I was 15) I am new to the modding scene, (never even made one run at a track) and thanks to the internet more and more people are being introduced to it, for those of us who are new that is alot of money... it just takes time man.. Stefan, dude while yes I do agree this is your board and you can do whatever you want with it, you shouldn't let this bother you so much, no matter what happens people are going to ***** and moan... don't take this all so personally man, kick back and have a good time..
              -Brad
              98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
              2000 V-Star Custom 1100
              If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
              :rock:

Comment

The only way around to these high cost is to do the installation yourself and that will cut the cost considerably. Second is to find one that is use and buy it for reduce or half of its price.

I know James, former owner of Vector Perf. only spent $1,700 to do a proto-type supercharged v6 Camaro. This is because he only bought the supercharger and not the tubes or bracket etc. and did the custom himself. I hope to do my own engine upgrade on my 2.8 and 3.8 as soon as I become a certified mechanic. I might also do my own custom turbo as well if I ever decide to upgrade.

Having a hobby is never cheap.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X