No announcement yet.

planing for the turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can run FI on a stock M5. just be careful on 3rd and 5th gears. Do not slam it in erd or fith you should be ok. The M5 i have is still alive. It's a junk yard tranny too. However, I have broken my share of them and each time it was 3rd gear. t56rebuilds.com is building a G-force tranny for me new. Should be done next week.
    Patrick<br />Sick Sixx Member<br /><b>97 Mystic Teal Camaro</b><br />425RWHP @14PSI<br />Old setup:<br />330RWHP @7PSI 13.9 @ 106.6 <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=4\" target=\"_blank\">Mods</a>

Comment

Ok so if i get the powerdyne kit, pasesetter headers, new exhaust, injectors, tuneing, and thats it how much rwhp gain should i expect.

then if i did all that plus cam, lifters and rockers how much would i expect???

thanks,
      Mike
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2083942/1?cat=25&val=1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2083942/1?cat=25&val=1</a>

Comment

Originally posted by ChevyCamaroRS97:
        Ok so if i get the powerdyne kit, pasesetter headers, new exhaust, injectors, tuneing, and thats it how much rwhp gain should i expect.

thanks,
        Mike
        Hard to say. maybe 70-75 rwhp (ballpark).

When you talk about swapping a cam and valvetrain it depends what cam you get. I was quoted by my local speed shop of about 20-25 rwhp with a Comp GT2 cam and valvetrain. I cant swear by that number, I have no idea if thats true. Run a search in the advanced tech section and see what they think.
        sigpic
        1997 Camaro RS A4
        2006 Chevy Colorado
        2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

thanks,
          Mike
          you wont 'need' tuning while you are running 6psi form the powerdyne. The included FMU will give you enough fuel. you will also not need bigger injectors. (again...the fmu)
          If you get headers and 3" exhaust then you should be at 60+ hp to the wheels at 6psi. The + is for the headers. you might be a littly less than 60hp rwhp if you don't change out the log maninolds. i hear those are pretty restrictive. But...there are multiple powerdyne peeps who have the logs and they are luvin their powerdynes. I don't think yo need to do 'everything' all at once to see a big gain from the 6psi SC. (factory L67 cars don't come with headers....correct me if i'm wrong?)
          Headers will be more important as you mod the car further...cam, etc.

As for you question about cam, lifters and rockers...

I think something like the zzp VS cam is intended for use with stock valvetrain...no need to add rockers nor pushrods nor lifters...(?) but you might want to think heavily on comp105 springs with LS1 retainers for any increased valve lift mods you perform. zzp quotes some pretty good gains with the VS cam and there is ane Steve is running it right now it his powerdyne car and he has some real good numbers with it.

when you feel like upgrading the boost on the powerdyne your 'injector options' are many and they are PnP. At that point, tough is when you need to start tuning and upgrading fuel pump, etc.
          01 Firebird A4 3.42
          Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
          and other mods
          Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. But ist the powerdyne kit for our engines a partner joint w/ RK and powerdyne. thus meaning rk is the only place to buy it new. as for the rest, Im planing on pacesetterheaders at the same time as the SC, eventualy P&P on heads maby intake. As for the tranny would it be that bad under 6psi, if so what are my other choices?? i dont want an AUTO by ANY means. If drivein right could my M5 hold out??? b/c if id have to get a whole new tranny i think that kinda shoots my whole projects down and back to saveing up for an SS
            I looked around a little...couldn't find it for the price i quoted but I am sure i saw it recently somewhere for a few hundred less than the $3799 price.

Rksport makes it and they sell it on their website but other vendors sell it as well.
            01 Firebird A4 3.42
            Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
            and other mods
            Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X