No announcement yet.

Finally went turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harland sharp 1.6, full fulcrum , roller tip.

Comment

Originally posted by mdiesel View Post
      Harland sharp 1.6, full fulcrum , roller tip.
      Nice. I went with Comp Cams 1.7 shaft mounted rocker arms, figured the extra lift would be good for the turbo. They stopped making them so if I have problems I’ll either try and see if Comp Cams can fix them or look into the Harland’s. They look good. The newer 3800’s rocker’s measured 1.66 according to ZZP I think it was 98-02 had the higher numbers.
      Where did you find the Harland rockers at? And are they shaft mounted?
      Last edited by ssms5411; 04-30-2023, 11:14 PM.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        Nice. I went with Comp Cams 1.7 shaft mounted rocker arms, figured the extra lift would be good for the turbo. They stopped making them so if I have problems I’ll either try and see if Comp Cams can fix them or look into the Harland’s. They look good. The newer 3800’s rocker’s measured 1.66 according to ZZP I think it was 98-02 had the higher numbers.
        Where did you find the Harland rockers at? And are they shaft mounted?
        I got them off marketplace. A guy was parting out a high end build from a car that got in a rear end smash. He had zzp aluminum heads with these rockers, wanted way too much money for those heads but was selling the rockers for $150. Said they only had 10k miles on them. They're stud mounted.

Comment

I got them off marketplace. A guy was parting out a high end build from a car that got in a rear end smash. He had zzp aluminum heads with these rockers, wanted way too much money for those heads but was selling the rockers for $150. Said they only had 10k miles on them. They're stud mounted.
          That’s a good deal, yeah new the alm. heads are over 4K. Eventually I get a set of alm. heads. Want a 12 bolt and built tranny before that though.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

That’s a good deal, yeah new the alm. heads are over 4K. Eventually I get a set of alm. heads. Want a 12 bolt and built tranny before that though.
            I think I'd go to a v8 swap before I spent 4k on heads alone for my v6. Lol

Comment

I think I'd go to a v8 swap before I spent 4k on heads alone for my v6. Lol
              Lol , true

Comment

Almost done
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks wicked, will it fit? I also forget you have the Holden intake.

Comment

Looks wicked, will it fit? I also forget you have the Holden intake.
                    thanks, yea itll all fit. i test fitted everything before i pulled and rebuilt the motor. I had to cut out the bottom of the cowl, and ill be saying goodbye to the AC, but she'll be a grocery getter, not a daily.

Comment

That’s awesome can’t wait until you get it up and running. Mines pretty much a grocery getter, just go to the dollar general and back speed limit is 35 mph. One of these days I’ll open it up and tune for WOT. Too many physical problems going on. Plus don’t want to rush it , won’t be able to work on it if something breaks.
                      Last edited by ssms5411; 12-16-2023, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                        Hello everyone!
                        by Andy H
                        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • 3.4 slow to go
                        hey there strangers!
                        by 3.4 slow to go
                        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X