Finally went turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally went turbo

Turbo came in the mail today, just an ebay kit. This is my first turbo build. I'll probly be asking lots of questions here...
    Attached Files

Nice, on install you might need to wack the heater box to get the passenger side O2 to fit , mine went in about a 1”. Then you’ll have to move the power steering res. and I deleted my EGR so don’t know about that.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

my egr has been gone for a long time, lol. thinking about deleting the heater box all together , im in florida and never need the heat in this car anyway. how'd you set up your oil drain line ? did you go into the pan or something else ? i was thinking about the remote oil filter spacer from intense, i could just put a T fitting on the oil return line from a remote filter for the turbo oil drain. also, (dumb question here) do both the wastegate and BOV get a vacuum line from the manifold ?

Comment

Yeah I deleted my EGR in 2002. I ran a -10an line from the turbo to the pan. Right above the low oil sensor. You want at least a -10an line so you don’t have any oil backing up. Then just tee off the oil pressure sensor with a -4an line to the turbo. Yes Bov gets a line and if there is a top and bottom vac line on the wastegate , bottom vac. to manifold top stays open or you hook it to a boost controller for more boost.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          Yeah I deleted my EGR in 2002. I ran a -10an line from the turbo to the pan. Right above the low oil sensor. You want at least a -10an line so you don’t have any oil backing up. Then just tee off the oil pressure sensor with a -4an line to the turbo. Yes Bov gets a line and if there is a top and bottom vac line on the wastegate , bottom vac. to manifold top stays open or you hook it to a boost controller for more boost.
          so if the wastegate only has a top fitting it gets hooked up to a boost controller or nothing at all ?
          and im assuming you removed the oil pan to drill the hole for the -10an fitting ?

Comment

All the wastegates I’ve seen have 2 vacuum ports top and side or bottom. Yes, the top vents off extra air, when you hook a boost controller to it , it regulates the air coming out so you get more boost. If you plug it or have it hook to a vac. line you’ll pretty much double the spring pressure so a 8 lb spring will be around 16lbs . Made that mistake in 2012 with my under K turbo.lol Yes , I have a tubular K so pan dropped right out.
            Last edited by ssms5411; 01-06-2023, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Is that the ebay turbo kit?

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                Yes another eBay turbo kit.

Comment

Also since you have a straight TB , might have to get creative with the downpipe it’s very close on the angle TB so being straight might be a challenge. When they welded my downpipe up they had to cut up the downpipe I had to make it fit.

Comment

Also since you have a straight TB , might have to get creative with the downpipe it’s very close on the angle TB so being straight might be a challenge. When they welded my downpipe up they had to cut up the downpipe I had to make it fit.
                    actually, not a problem for me, i have an aussie intake and my TB is located over top of the driver side valve cover. but thanks for the extra info, im sure ill have more pita questions here before im done with this, so i really appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                      yup, they dropped the price down to $570 so i took the plunge, lol

Comment

All the wastegates I’ve seen have 2 vacuum ports top and side or bottom. Yes, the top vents off extra air, when you hook a boost controller to it , it regulates the air coming out so you get more boost. If you plug it or have it hook to a vac. line you’ll pretty much double the spring pressure so a 8 lb spring will be around 16lbs . Made that mistake in 2012 with my under K turbo.lol Yes , I have a tubular K so pan dropped right out.
                        You got a picture of where the drain line hooks up to the pan , maybe ?

Comment

I’ll look but I have to jack it up anyways to check some stuff , so I’ll snap some pics. Waiting for the weather to get better then I’ll do it. No garage so just depends on the weather.

Comment

I’ll look but I have to jack it up anyways to check some stuff , so I’ll snap some pics. Waiting for the weather to get better then I’ll do it. No garage so just depends on the weather.
                            thank you

Comment

Probably jack it up tomorrow and do some work and take some pics. What cam did you go with again? I forget.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X