How much boost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much boost?

How much boost can a stock 3.8 handle safetly. 120k miles so not really hoping for too much out of it. jw

Re: How much boost?

10 PSI is safe, aslong as you have supporting mods ,like Hptuners, wideband , 255 fuel pump , and injectors.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

really 10, wow thats alot more then i thought i was thinking like 5 with the mileage

Comment

Aslong as the tune is good and air/ fuel ratio is good with no KR , you should be good with 10 PSI. Your current motor being in good condtion with no leaks. Theres people running more than 10 PSI but I would say 10 PSI is safe.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

My Bird is currently at Fbody Central, near Ft Meade. Shes got only 31,000. Im gunna say 12PSI be good for now. I have all those mods plus 36lbs injectors. Maybe more, suggestions?

Comment

10+PSI aslong as you can tune it. I maxed my maf and PE at 10lbs.

Comment

Agree with the 10psi..I wouldn't go over that on a stock motor if it's a dd

Comment

my car has 175,000... I run 14psi...

Comment

A lot of it depends on the turbo size. 10psi on one turbo isn't the same as 10psi on another. I still have trouble grasping this concept myself but I've heard it a lot.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                    A lot of it depends on the turbo size. 10psi on one turbo isn't the same as 10psi on another. I still have trouble grasping this concept myself but I've heard it a lot.
                    Its because of the A/R for the turbo ,lets say a .63 A/R compared to a .68 A/R, the .63 will spool quicker than the .68 A/R but when the same PSI is reached the bigger A/R .68 will be pushing more air since its bigger but takes longer to spool thsn than the .63 A/R. Thats the way I look at it. Or it just depends on how effiecent the turbo is journal BB or ceramic BB.

Comment

Idk which i have, its the 10 psi one for a ls1 car. besides that i dont know much about it

Comment

its the upgraded one so i am guessing a t67?

Comment

the bigger one would be a T70, I'm using a GT35R which has really quick boost response.

Comment

I was just gna rear mount for a lil while thats why i have the sts. If i end up liking the boost ill invest into a front mount

Comment

Let me know if you drop that rear mount... I've been looking into one for a while.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X