X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pvc mod

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
    OK. If you plugged the TB, then paths "red" to "green" do not exist anymore. Only path is "brown" to "blue". That's it.

Exactly. Sorry i did such a horrible job of explaining, LOL. I will do better next time. And since the PCV valve only prevents back flow into the crankcase and allows flow into UIM plenum would that not constitute a vacuum leak unless that passage is plugged too?
    Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
    Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
    Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
    Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
    Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

oh boy... could we finish this up? cuz its stealing attention from my turbo build jk.

Comment

Also, in order to retain the proper operation of the pcv system on a car running a powerdyne, for example mine. You would need to relocate the inlet port that currently resides in the TB behind the MAF but in front of the throttle blade to before the supercharger. This presents a problem because then the air that is routed through the PCV system would enter the manifold without being accounted for by the MAF. This would require placing the MAF upstream from the supercharger inlet but not after the new PCV inlet port. That way the PCV would function normally and not cause a "vacuum" leak.

The order in the PCV system to function it always needs to be as follows in order to make sure all airflow is accounted for by the MAF.
        MAF - PCV inlet - Throttle plate - PCV outlet.

On an FI car it would go like this.
        MAF - PCV inlet - Turbo/Supercharger - Throttle plate - PCV outlet.
        I also feel the need to point out that the PCV would prevent backflow from the manifold back twords the PCV inlet port.

Also, after doing some reading I belive there is a rather large misconseption. All the posts that I have read assume that the PCV port in the TB is where the PCV gasses vent. This is Wrong, thats where the PCV gets its fresh air to enter the crankcase from. The PCV system "vents" or sucks the vapors out of the PCV system through a hole inside the upper plenum. You can see this for yourself by removing the PCV plate and looking into the hole on the side of the PCV chamber, not the one at the bottom of the PCV chamber. The other version of the PCV mod that involves drilling holes on the bottom of the TB after plugging the port still cause there to be a vacum leak.
        Last edited by Pewter02Camaro; 03-03-2011, 11:53 PM.

Comment

So should i do the mod in your guys opinion? And if so just plug the PCV and at a breather

Comment

Originally posted by Unique96Camaro View Post
            So should i do the mod in your guys opinion? And if so just plug the PCV and at a breather
            Lol read everything here dude.
            Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
            1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
            1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
            2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
              Lol read everything here dude.
              It just confused me. So im really not sure lol

Comment

Originally posted by Unique96Camaro View Post
                It just confused me. So im really not sure lol
                I would not do it up until when you absolutley have to. That way you have time to see what this discussion uncovers first. It can be one of the last things you do during your build.

Comment

Nobody else have anything to add? Am I on the right track with what I was thinking or am i just crazy? On second thought dont answer that, LOL.

Comment

I'm keeping mine the way it has been since 02'.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X