what kind of tranny do i have...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kind of tranny do i have...

I have a 3.4l A4 transmission and I want to put some mods onn it (ie, transgo, corvette servo, b&m shifter+) and I wanted to make sure its all compatable. Thanks
    <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Ummm its just a borg warner a4
    2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

its not a 4L60E?
      R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

4l60e borg warner automatic 4 speed transmission
        For Sale<p>Mods so Far:<br />Tb Coolant Bypass, NGK Vpower Plugs, Accel 8mm Wires, Gutted Cat, TransAm Muffler, K&N FIPK, Crower Baja Cam, Comp Cams Magnum Rocker Arms 1.52 Ratio, Ported Throttlebody, Ported Intake Manifold, 3.73s and Auburn LSD, Yellow Underbody Neons, Milled Heads, Pacesetter Headers, TransGo Shift Kit, 1 Piece DS, Accel Coils, Rk Sport Air Temperature Module<p>Soon Mods:<br />Nos 5175, Rims, Stage 2 Jet Chip, Jet Underdrive Pullys, Strut Tower Brace, Subframe Connectors, Speed Calibrator, Lowering Springs

Comment

If he has a '93, I believe it will be a 4L60 and not a 4L60E.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PiLOTLiTE:
            If he has a '93, I believe it will be a 4L60 and not a 4L60E.<hr></blockquote>

You are correct. If it is a 93 it is a different transmission.
            2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

sorry i forgot to post a date but i have a '95
              <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

If it's a '95, you have a 4L60E.
                Borg-Warner? That'd be news to me. The Turbo Hydramatics are GM transmissions, unless they started outsourcing recently.
                Borg Warner builds, or built, the 5 and 6 speeds, though.
                Brett, find yourself a competent tranny shop, and talk to them. If you're going to look into adding a bunch of stuff to the tranny, you might as well look into having it rebuilt also.
                I was looking at getting the transmission from my 95 rebuilt, and the guy would have charged me $950 for the rebuild, plus the extra cost for the shift kit, high-perf clutches, etc., and would have installed everything as part of the rebuild.
                Coordinate everything with him (he can probably also get a better price on the parts, too), and have him order the whole set-up together, that way, everything's there when he starts.
                Also, there are fix-kits for the 4L60Es which he can also install, they should be part of a rebuild, ask about them. Superior Transmissions - http://superior-transmission.com/ - has all the stuff needed for a rebuild, including shift kits, etc.
                Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

Guardsman hit it on the nail.

the transmnission in the 93 is similar to the A$ in 3rd gens. Th700-rThe 4L60E is based off of its original design.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    2 days ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X