what kind of tranny do i have...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kind of tranny do i have...

I have a 3.4l A4 transmission and I want to put some mods onn it (ie, transgo, corvette servo, b&m shifter+) and I wanted to make sure its all compatable. Thanks
    <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Ummm its just a borg warner a4
    2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

its not a 4L60E?
      R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

4l60e borg warner automatic 4 speed transmission
        For Sale<p>Mods so Far:<br />Tb Coolant Bypass, NGK Vpower Plugs, Accel 8mm Wires, Gutted Cat, TransAm Muffler, K&N FIPK, Crower Baja Cam, Comp Cams Magnum Rocker Arms 1.52 Ratio, Ported Throttlebody, Ported Intake Manifold, 3.73s and Auburn LSD, Yellow Underbody Neons, Milled Heads, Pacesetter Headers, TransGo Shift Kit, 1 Piece DS, Accel Coils, Rk Sport Air Temperature Module<p>Soon Mods:<br />Nos 5175, Rims, Stage 2 Jet Chip, Jet Underdrive Pullys, Strut Tower Brace, Subframe Connectors, Speed Calibrator, Lowering Springs

Comment

If he has a '93, I believe it will be a 4L60 and not a 4L60E.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PiLOTLiTE:
            If he has a '93, I believe it will be a 4L60 and not a 4L60E.<hr></blockquote>

You are correct. If it is a 93 it is a different transmission.
            2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

sorry i forgot to post a date but i have a '95
              <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

If it's a '95, you have a 4L60E.
                Borg-Warner? That'd be news to me. The Turbo Hydramatics are GM transmissions, unless they started outsourcing recently.
                Borg Warner builds, or built, the 5 and 6 speeds, though.
                Brett, find yourself a competent tranny shop, and talk to them. If you're going to look into adding a bunch of stuff to the tranny, you might as well look into having it rebuilt also.
                I was looking at getting the transmission from my 95 rebuilt, and the guy would have charged me $950 for the rebuild, plus the extra cost for the shift kit, high-perf clutches, etc., and would have installed everything as part of the rebuild.
                Coordinate everything with him (he can probably also get a better price on the parts, too), and have him order the whole set-up together, that way, everything's there when he starts.
                Also, there are fix-kits for the 4L60Es which he can also install, they should be part of a rebuild, ask about them. Superior Transmissions - http://superior-transmission.com/ - has all the stuff needed for a rebuild, including shift kits, etc.
                Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

Guardsman hit it on the nail.

the transmnission in the 93 is similar to the A$ in 3rd gens. Th700-rThe 4L60E is based off of its original design.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X