t5 go Boom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: t5 go Boom!

whats the top cover trick? i realize how it slides over but i don't know how to get the shifter fork and linkage in the right position

Comment

Try this dry a couple times no rtv . Tranny in neutral forks centered and hangin equal distance to neutral syncros. Start with tranny sideways in front of you the tail will be on the right. Lay the top straight down forks into sycncros first then push cover away from you about 3 inches while forks are still in syncros then lay it down on case and slide it back. Done. Then when you do with rtv on the last part where your sliding back hold it up about a 1/4 inch so you don't smear the rtv.

Comment

son of a mother flufffin fluck flucker funt...... i installed the top cover with rtv. thought for sure it was installed correctly. slid right into place. the hole for the shifter roll pin was slightly to the left and i thought maybe its cuz our trans sits an angle....but nooooooooOoooOooo.......

Comment

3rd attempt failed .... ffffuuuuuuu

Comment

seem like the stuff i thought would be difficult was easy and the stuff i didn't think twice about it is giving me hell. i think i'll wait til we have nice weather again so i can take it outside and rinse it out because its getting a small collection of rtv in the case. i know i'm not getting the shifter forks on the cover setup correctly but i'm not sure what is correct.
            Last edited by thebeewantsboost; 01-28-2014, 04:58 PM.

Comment

after much searching i found this picture
              are both forks synced up with that notch like the one on top?

Comment

i had to disassemble and reassemble mine to make it work... don't ask me how that makes sense because i'm still trying to figure it out. one of the shift works couldn't come into contact with the selector. i never touched the top cover but somehow it got way effed up.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  3 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X