• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: t5 go Boom!

Found this on epay..
    1-New T5 Borg Warner 5 Speed World Class Rear Counter Shaft

Tremec / Borg Warner

GREAT UPGRADE FOR HIGHER HORSEPOWER ENGINES!

REPLACE STOCK PLATE FOR ADDED STRENGTH!
    Our plate is built thicker for the Ford Mustang application for added holding power for the true racers.
    We have updated our plate centering holes.
    It's the same plate I make for 25.11 plus 7.00 shipping. Its made out of steel.I just ordered one and if it's half as good as it looks I'll never make another one lol.

Comment

i'm going to order one of those 2. sounds like cheap insurance.

Comment

i've been doing lots of googling and there are people with jeeps with ax-15 5 speeds who have been welding their 5th gear retainer snap rings in place.

Comment

Ya your right. Googled it also.. Found this too
          We see that happen all the time. The 5th driven gear does not have enough press fit to hold it on the shaft so it works on the snap ring until it comes off. We have a retaining collar for that so it will never come off again. Call me if you are interested in one. Thanks Bob Hanlon 610.469.2695

Comment

Comment

Gotta say that retainer aint comin off,lol. Nice lookin weld btw.

Comment

wish i could take the credit. i've got a friend who's a welding fool. i'll probably never get good at welding cuz its easier to take stuff to him.

Comment

htmabe. i got that plate in today. any idea on the tq specs for those bolts?

Comment

Dont need those specs... this thing is a pain

Comment

The stock plate has lock down tabs . When I install mine I go tight and then some just by feel and experience. One trick is to put red nail polish on the threads and they wont be coming out easy after that. Would prob have to impact em back out after nail polish dries. I do that on my race car bolts and nothing ever backs out. Cheaper and better than locktite. Imho.

Comment

hm thats a tip i've never heard. i found somewhere that they were 15ft lbs.
                        that top cover is a pain. i had it adjusted so it would slide right on. then i put rtv on. and it couldn't get it on for the life of me. i did get it installed but the forks weren't in the right position... boo.. gonna try again tonight.

Comment

15 ft lbs WITH stock lockdown tabs no problem. After market retainer plate with recessed allen screws???? No lock down tabs??? Imho better be tight and never back out. They are now supporting your lower gear cluster bearing not to mention keeping the new retainer off that spinning reverse gear that lies behind it. That's why I use the paint . You can still break stuff loose down the road but it usually takes an impact. I do all my suspension bolts that way too. Kinda sucks when taking apart but beats the alternative.
                          So hows the rebuild coming? When is it going back in?

Comment

damn i really don't want to pull it all back out... might as well though.. it would have been just about done yesterday if it wasn't for the damn top cover. now i'll need more rtv. and more patience haha.
                            so does blue finger nail polish not hold as good as the red? lol

Comment

Lol gotta use red not joking. I used yellow one time and it didn't work as well lmao. Now I use yellow on my fender bolts and red on stuff I really don't want coming loose like pressure plate bolts.
                              Top cover is a piece of cake. Not sure how you are doing it but got a dam trick for it too if you want it

Comment

Also t5 s are machined surfaces almost perfect when mated {that's what she said ya ya I know} Anyway you can use like the most sparing little amount all the way around and you'll get a better seal than if you use a big gob of it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X