Help disconnecting hydraulic hose from slave cylinder - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help disconnecting hydraulic hose from slave cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help disconnecting hydraulic hose from slave cylinder

Putting in a new clutch I have the tranny ready to be unbolted from the engine and pulled back only problem i am having is disconnecting the hydraulic hose from the slave cylinder I have tried every fuel/ac/radiator release tool from the three closest auto parts stores and got nothing they wont fit inside any idea on how to get the hose unhooked? Gotta have this finished by tomorrow.

Re: Help disconnecting hydraulic hose from slave cylinder

I used a flathead screwdriver. Push the hose all the way in, push on one side of the connector, then the otherside, then it should pop out. Many people have trouble with this, but I got it on my second try.

Comment

I just use an end wrench that is just big enough to get over that fitting, then push that white plastic thing down. Never had any problems. When you push it down hold it there and pull the hose out of the fitting, it dosnt just pop out.
      1997 Chevrolet Camaro
      L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

Lol nothing worked it wouldnt budge so I just took a die grinder to the outer cover and then took a flat head and pried till the braided hose came free... lol wanted to get a new slave cylinder anyhow. Is there anything special i should do with the new one before putting it in or can I bleed everything once clutch and tranny are back together? Right now my progress is frozen though cant get the top two bolts out holding the bell housing only extensions i have to reach are 3/8s and i cant get enough torque to break them loose will buy half inch extensions and flex joint tomorrow morning.

Comment

Just try again. I got mine out using a two foot extension, and a swivel joint. Didn't really take all that much force, although I did also use a breaker bar.

Comment

Me and my buddy had the 3/8"s twisted a whole 180 degrees we were both pushing bolt still didnt budge lol, just a bunch of twisted extensions. 1/2" ftw tomorrow hopefully

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X