Almost done with 3 core radiator install - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost done with 3 core radiator install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Almost done with 3 core radiator install

HOLD THE PHONE!!! how about you give them to me, and ill give one of oyu my bird and one can have the purple peeple eeter
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
      HOLD THE PHONE!!! how about you give them to me, and ill give one of oyu my bird and one can have the purple peeple eeter
      Well if you were to do that, you'd probably want it back since we'd actually get it running.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by blizzard242 View Post
        well if you were to do that, you'd probably want it back since we'd actually get it running.

x2..lol
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
          Well if you were to do that, you'd probably want it back since we'd actually get it running.
          hey, im broke...thats the only reason i cant do anything. i found the damn problem, cracked head, i have a bonus pair, i just cant afford to have them tested and milled, and buy the gaskets.
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

My statement still stands.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Well I had a coolant leak that I fixed yesterday, ran it for about 30 mins in 100 degree heat and my temp was 170-175, come back home and I look under and find a small trans leak ,SOB, so tomorrow I will check that out , I hope it can be fixed easily. But I'm glad the temp was running cooler about 30 degrees so far. But I will have to make a hour or 2 run with it once the leaking trans line is fixed so I can tell for sure. If I can run at 180 degrees when it is 110 degrees out I will be very happy and so will the turbo.LOL
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Man, it was like 90 somethin here today. I can't imagine living with that constantly. I doubt my car would like it either.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Heres some finished pics of the 3 core install , I had to modify the stock fans and the top cover for eveything to fit and work properly, so far I have noticed about 30-40 degree drop. But this is also using 2 RP ICE bottles and distilled water and some 50/50 coolant mix. At idle on first start up with high fan switch on it will stay at 163 in 110 degree weather, used to idle at 200-210 degrees. I run a 160 drilled thermo also with the fan switch. Had the most trouble with the bottom trans line leaking becaue I use barbs coming off with rubber hose going to the tranny since I did a M5 to A4 swap a few years ago.
                  Attached Files

Comment

How did you attach the fans to the radiator?

Comment

I had some 1/8" ABS plastic that I mad a bottom plate and attached it to the radiator shroud and then attached it to the bottom of the radiator support with screws. The top I used some plastic ties (like when you mount a tranny cooler to the condenser) and just ran 3 of them up top then cut then radiator cover so it would fit the 2" thick radiator and then had to drill and make new locations for the 3 bolts up top to hold the radiator and fans up close. Just alittle bit of work, Not too bad I like messing with ABS plastic and making things. I'm glad I keep the 12"X 12" ABS plastic around for jobs like this. I will make a cover plate for my wideband in my center console next with it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X