Almost done with 3 core radiator install - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost done with 3 core radiator install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost done with 3 core radiator install

I have had to make a few adjustments but not bad , just need to modify 1 hose end and connect the trans lines, put the fans on and upper shroud and fill and bleed the air and it should be good. I ordered a 1500cc 10" fan to mount on the intercooler to push air in to help with air flow. Problems were having this radiator 2 inches thick and about 2 inches longer, height about the same. So it is a challange, I like it I have been working on and off for about 4 days now just measuring cutting and modifying which I like to do. I changed the bottom hose since it has never been changed, modified the trans inputs so I could use mine off the other barbed fitting I used. I made mounting brackets for the condenser and working on fan brackets and will use a foam sealant around the radiator. Will see how it turns out , I think about 2-3 more days if everything goes well.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: Almost done with 3 core radiator install

3 core will definately keep your coolant cool alright. I guess that would be ideal for your turbo setup.

What type of radiator is it?

I've been about getting a 3 or 4 core radiator for my Fiero myself. Since I do have plans for a SC L67. I think it's Fluidyne was the one I was looking at last time I dived into this.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Its a Champion 82-92 Camaro $225 shipped seems alright so far as far as hook ups. I have to mod the return the lower part on the radiator but that is no problem just using a old piece and then using my coupler that will hook on to the turbo for the water drain. Then I just need to hook up my tranny lines since I have a B&M super cooler also with the radiator. Then just hooking up the fans and shroud. I hope the 10" fan mounted on the intercooler will help also, I will wire it up to my fog light switch so I can turn it on and off. Will see how it works. I'll post some pics here soon, have to stop for the night. I saw the other prices for Alm radiators and saw a post about the Champion and thought I would try it. So far only a few modifcations but will see once it is all together. I can't walk anymore so I'm done too much pain. I'll see if my wife will get some pics for me.LOL I got a pic of the stock one and then the 3 core in the engine bay with some more work to be done. Will post final pics once finished with the fan on intercooler too.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ssms5411; 08-03-2009, 10:06 PM.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

So I had to modify the stock fan shroud alot and splice a bigger end on the return hose line and modify the trans line holes on the radiator but it all went together, just need to put some lines on and modify the top plastic peice and should be done tomorrow. And of course fill up the radiator 70 water/ 30 coolant with some RP ice and top off the trans fluid. I'll post how much temp drops if any.LOL

Comment

looks awesome steve!
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Thanks , took some time fitting another 1" deep and 2" longer in the stock location but it worked with some man handling it.LOL I just hope it runs at least 20 degrees cooler at least.

Comment

I see my car is coming along nicely. When do you expect to deliver it?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                looks awesome steve!
                man, what was i drinking...what i meant was, it looks like crap, and if you expect blizzard to take that car in that bad of condition, you will have to do better than that.
                Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Its fuuny your already boosted I'm not so your ahead of me, If I have surgery on the 17th or that week I'll have to wait another 2 months to start the pipping so it will be 4 months total , then I need the back surgery so I might have the pipes made becuase I don't know how long I'll be down. I need to swap my rear shocks next to the QA-1's before the surgery.

Comment

man, what was i drinking...what i meant was, it looks like crap, and if you expect blizzard to take that car in that bad of condition, you will have to do better than that.

Quit drinking Trans-X in rotts the brain. LOL

Comment

I'm glad you understand my standards.

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                      Its fuuny your already boosted I'm not so your ahead of me, If I have surgery on the 17th or that week I'll have to wait another 2 months to start the pipping so it will be 4 months total , then I need the back surgery so I might have the pipes made becuase I don't know how long I'll be down. I need to swap my rear shocks next to the QA-1's before the surgery.
                      Yeah I'm boosted. But it's not nice and neat how I'd like it to be. So, 4 months then? P.S. 2 boosted cars are better than 1. :poke:

Quit drinking Trans-X in rotts the brain. LOL
                      So what are you saying? Trans-X does something bad?! Blasphemy!

So are you gonna be getting on the forums when you're all drugged up typing jibberish? I hope so.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                        So what are you saying? Trans-X does something bad?! Blasphemy!

So are you gonna be getting on the forums when you're all drugged up typing jibberish? I hope so.
                        how dare you speak of trans x that way!
                        Team NoVa

Comment

So are you gonna be getting on the forums when you're all drugged up typing jibberish? I hope so.[/QUOTE]

I do that everyday, unless I'm passed out for that day.LOL

Comment

I had a few leaks today so I used so RTV and will have to wait until tomorrow to test it again. Damm thing has been fun at first but now it is pissing me off.

Comment

I had a few leaks today so I used so RTV and will have to wait until tomorrow to test it again. Damm thing has been fun at first but now it is pissing me off.
                              Yeah, i can't find my fuggin exhaust leaks throwin off my wideband. Unless the RTV blew out. It was fun at first, but now it's pissing me off.

Let's just play chicken with the damn things.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X