cam swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cam swap

Im gunna do that hopefully soon...How would a compression test be able to verify if the valve is bent, or if it is just not seated?

it did not look like the pushrods were bent...

one thing that was kinda weird though was that the new pushrods 7.050 seemed to be a couple thou bigger...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

If the valve is bent that cylinder will have lower compression than the others. If it was carbon between the valve and seat, it will have compression as good as the other cylinders because running the motor would have cleaned the carbon out.
      sigpic

Comment

The stock pushrods are a little smaller thatn 7.05, but you'll be fine. As for your idle issues, try lowering the target idle speed, tuning on premium, and letting the car warm up. I finished doing all three, and it lopes much more aggressivly than when I first put my cam in.

Comment

I used Comp 5/16 pushrods 7.05 on mine with the VS cam and have no problems, also ZZP modded retainers and 105lb springs. I did have to set my idle up to around 900 rpms because once it got warm and started to idle at 700-750 rpms I would get a PO300 random misfire.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X