Which injectors should I choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which injectors should I choose?

I'm going to do bigger injectors when I do my direct port kit. I can buy some 98 LS1 style injectors for 50 bucks, some 99 ones for 50 bucks (dont know what the differencr between 98 LS1 and 99 LS1 injectors are)
    I've got a local guy whose got some corvette C4 injectors, and someone is selling soome LT1 injectors too. Does anyone know which has the best flowrate and which would require the least modification?
    Mystic Teal Metallic
    ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Re: Which injectors should I choose?

also would an LS1 fuel pump be a direct swap?? is that any better then our pump?
    Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

why do you need bigger injectors? Are you maxing them out or something? A DP kit doesn't need bigger injectors as it takes its fuel from the fuel rail.

Don't go with a ls1 pump, no gains from that. If you are going to do a fuel pump do it right and get a walbro intank pump. They cost like 125-130 bucks and drop right in. Do the trap door method and you will be all set
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

not to hijack but will LT1/LS1 injectors work with a 3.4 fuel rail, im still new to injection dont know what parts are compatible with what?

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)
        89 Ram D350 CTD/M5- 1 Ton Dually getting 27 MPG's

Comment

I was thinking that since the injectors would be out i'd be able to upgrade, but since this is a wet kit, I guess I dont need to. Will my pump not be enough for a 100 wet shot r more? I know that these pumps are the same as the LS1 pumps, and they gobble up a lot more fuel.
          Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

usually the general consensus is to swap for the walbro for 100 shot. 75 is safe on stocker. There are guys that have gone with 100-120 shot on the stock pump without any troubles though, but it is more a piece of mind knowing that there is plenty of fuel being pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by ninety4three4
              not to hijack but will LT1/LS1 injectors work with a 3.4 fuel rail, im still new to injection dont know what parts are compatible with what?
              you would run pretty rich unless you found a way to tune for them. I personally don't know if they fit the 3.4 or not though either. They might, I just never really researched if they would or not. Maybe do some searching in the forums and see if you can find others that did it

Comment

I can post pics of my "trap door" fuel pump install if you want.

Comment

ok just wondering i am going to e looking into it when i get into the turbo build this winter, thanx for the help

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)
                  89 Ram D350 CTD/M5- 1 Ton Dually getting 27 MPG's

Comment

post pics!
                    Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

Comment

Comment

i remember when i did my FP install. i made a nice little spring loaded door now for anytime i need to get back there with weatherstripping on the sides and stuff haha.
                          Dave:
                          00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                          97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X