Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: car wont move!!

Originally posted by blown00
    Only when I was there helping on the car. I'm not saying you are wrong at all, but could you explain how it is possible? Are you referring to before bolting to the motor, or after? Because when the motor is bolted to the trans, it seems that the converter can only be at a certain point.

I understand when its just the trans sitting without the motor.
    the TC can not be seated all the way ad still be bolted up just fine
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Re: car wont move!!

Originally posted by viper04af
      the TC can not be seated all the way ad still be bolted up just fine
      I'll second that, been there done that, and got good at pulling the tranny out of an 89 chevy pickup because of it :D

Luckily it wasn't my truck, I didn't know any better at the time either. We dropped the tranny back out brought it back to the trans guy and he replaced the pump, said he had done it before too.

The lines not moving any fluid is a tell tale sign.
      On an 86 vette with a 700r4 when we reinstalled the tranny we made sure the TC was properly seated then bolted the bell housing up to the engine, we actually had to slide the TC back out a bit to get it flush with the flexplate.

Good rule of thumb on getting a TC into the trans. Slide it on and yes it should click slowly turn the tc back and forth a few inches and it will be in there. You should then be able to spin it freely.

If the TC is not properly seated you will shear off the front of the pump as soon as you crank the engine. so if you do it wrong the instant you start the engine you have done the damage. You will likely not hear it happening when you crank the engine we surely didn't.
      -Brad
      98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
      2000 V-Star Custom 1100
      If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
      :rock:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X