• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ordering stroker kit. Suggestions?

you order the kit yet?

Comment

Still saving up... Waiting to get paid, and I had a mishap with the awesome two-piece driveshaft

I may go with the middle kit rather than the N/A it and juice it a little bit
      \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

what next tomorrow r u gonna say that ur gonna have TT 4.2 stroker 200 shot nitroused v6? o wait let me guess ur gonna have a t-56 with a 9inch also...ur just like 83wishingmachine

87 Firebird RIP
        96 Camaro RS RIP
        94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
        02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Eh, at that point why not just spend the extra 200 bucks and get bullet proof rods as well. That is my plan but I'm looking at going ape **** on mine after it's done.

Hey, some of us have **** happen to us that puts out plans on the backburner. No reason to be an *** to him, hell it hasn't even been that long that he has been looking at doing this. I've been trying to build my car up for years but with the hurricanes destroying my house among other set backs I haven't had the time or money to do it untill recently. **** happens.
          Last edited by T-Punk; 02-05-2007, 01:01 PM.
          2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Yeah, why the hell not right? No, tomorrow im gonna have a dual-engine setup with an 18-speed from a mack truck. What's wrong with throwing ideas around? Oh no, I suggested the idea of nitrous, the world is ending... Why does it bother you?

Actually I'm doing a G-force T5. I haven't changed my idea at all as far as drivetrain goes, so your rant was irrelevant and invaluable to this thread... :)

And yeah, my plans are on the backburner due to my own things too. I haven't changed my ideas that often, and even if I were to decide five minutes from now to do an LS1 swap, and 15 minutes from now to do a Powerstroke diesel, what's it matter to you? Exactly. :twak:
            Last edited by JohnnyC; 02-07-2007, 08:26 PM.
            \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

my point being y change ur mind every 3 seconds...stick with somethin and acutally go threw with it...and if ur sayin my opinion doesnt matter than y make a whole paragraph towards me...either order the kit build up the motor and use ur nitrous or just stop postin about ur pipe dreams...and also about havin set backs...im gone for atleast 5 months beginin in june u dont c me complain about that set back...just make up ur mine and stick to it...
              Last edited by SilverRS96; 02-07-2007, 08:51 PM.

87 Firebird RIP
              96 Camaro RS RIP
              94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
              02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRS96
                my point being y change ur mind every 3 seconds...stick with somethin and acutally go threw with it...and if ur sayin my opinion doesnt matter than y make a whole paragraph towards me...either order the kit build up the motor and use ur nitrous or just stop postin about ur pipe dreams...and also about havin set backs...im gone for atleast 5 months beginin in june u dont c me complain about that set back...just make up ur mine and stick to it...
                Leave the guy alone. He is trying to build his car to the best that he can while staying N/A(all the way, or for the most part) and he would just like our opinions on what he should do and what parts to get, or what gets the most bang for his buck. I've noticed him say 12s alot. So, I'm guessing he is wanting to see his car doing somewhere in the mid to low 12s. So why not contribute to how he can make his car into the low-mid 12s or don't bother posting in this thread.

Comment

Thank you T-punk and Vanquish... Seriously though, whatever... lol

On a bright note, I installed a nice one piece LS1 driveshaft today, dropped a couple 10ths on the Gtech :) And I have $1,500 saved up for the kit.

The spray idea is just being thrown around because I do want to stay N/A but I might want some extra power at the track or wherever, while still being able to pop my hood and display my V6 engine proudly. ha, yeah its just a 6 man. Can't wait... It will happen though.

need springs... 130# should do for the big cam
                  Last edited by JohnnyC; 02-08-2007, 06:57 PM.

Comment

And as far as arguing online goes... No more drama, we'll race! :D:p;):burn:
                    Last edited by JohnnyC; 02-08-2007, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyC
                      Thank you T-punk and Vanquish... Seriously though, whatever... lol

On a bright note, I installed a nice one piece LS1 driveshaft today, dropped a couple 10ths on the Gtech :) And I have $1,500 saved up for the kit.

The spray idea is just being thrown around because I do want to stay N/A but I might want some extra power at the track or wherever, while still being able to pop my hood and display my V6 engine proudly. ha, yeah its just a 6 man. Can't wait... It will happen though.

need springs... 130# should do for the big cam
                      Hey JohhnyC
                      Looks like everythings coming together for you. Sorry about the driveshaft deal but you've got it handled.
                      How much spray are you thinking about?...100-150 or maybe 200??
                      Sounds like 12.60's, 11.90's or maybe 11.50's??? Can't wait
                      Are you building the shortblock or is someone else?

Good Luck!!!
                      Last edited by ProStreet1; 02-10-2007, 03:31 AM.

Comment

that 3800stroked.com stroker kit gets 300 ft/lbs torque.. wow and it comes at 4000 rpm... well I wish I had the money and mechanical ability... I think my abilities are good but to take apart an engine basically is a good amount of work

Comment

300 ft. pounds torque on a seemingly mild cam too. I plan on throwing a pretty mean cam in that setup, looking like 240* duration. I'm building the shortblock more than likely. I have yet to get the block machined and clearanced though, still waiting on the stroker kit haha.

Comment

Originally posted by ProStreet1
                            11.90's or maybe 11.50's???

Good Luck!!!

yea........but no

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
                              yea........but no
                              What realistically do you think he could pull out of it with his heads, a good camshaft profile (smaller base circle:wavey: ), exhaust, gear and all of his goods with a 200 shot??

I can't wait til some of these builds are laying down some #'s...

We have another one interested in a ProCharger set-up with possibly some spray.
                              Can't wait for Justins TT with the stroker kit.

This year's gonna be fun!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ProStreet1
                                What realistically do you think he could pull out of it with his heads, a good camshaft profile (smaller base circle:wavey: ), exhaust, gear and all of his goods with a 200 shot??

I can't wait til some of these builds are laying down some #'s...

We have another one interested in a ProCharger set-up with possibly some spray.
                                Can't wait for Justins TT with the stroker kit.

This year's gonna be fun!!!
                                k, with a 200 shot those numbers are possible....i thought we were still talking NA.

tt, stroked, n20, etc..... i'd have to agree its a lot of talk till we actually see the build.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X