Ordering stroker kit. Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering stroker kit. Suggestions?

so I'm saving up for the www.3800stroked.com kit. Any suggestions?

It's going in a '97 Camaro M5, street driven but won't mind the lope of a nice cam. I've got a built T5, stage3 clutch, LSD, cold air intake, pacesetter coated headers, p&p heads, 3" dynomax pipe w/ Summit turbo muffler single in/out and some other goodies. any suggestions?
    Last edited by JohnnyC; 01-23-2007, 11:14 PM.
    \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Re: Ordering stroker kit. Suggestions?

which version you going with? You going with the NA one, mid level one or all out with the one made for boost/juice?
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

holy ****, i had no idea this was even available for the v6, crazy what bein outta the loop for a few years does to ya.
      2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

expensive, does anyone have a dyno sheet for it??

Comment

Originally posted by redbird00
          expensive, does anyone have a dyno sheet for it??
          www.comeracing.com has a dyno sheet under their holden section. Makes some nice power and torque on the engine dyno.

Haven't seen any rwhp/tq numbers yet.

Just became available to the US so nobody here has a kit on and tested yet really. This has been available to the holden crowd for awhile now

Comment

not bad

Comment

The NA one... I just got a new job, much more cash flow so maybe I can set a new N/A record for us V6 guys... Looking for high 11s or at least low 12s on a streetable-ish setup :burn:

Mostly gonna depend on the cam I choose I guess. I should be able to go higher lift and duration due to the increased stroke which translates to more vacuum and less of a lopey idle and proper operation of power brakes etc... I think it's doable. Not sure if my ported&polished heads will do it, maybe I'll be a ZZP heads guinea pig too. :rock:
              \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

You're goign to need a great setup to back it up to get low 12's na out of it.
                It's definatley doable, but you're going to need a lot of gear, a lot of tuning, and some damn good heads.
                Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

Definitely doing gear.... G-force built T5 kit, stage3 or 3+ clutch, alum. flywheel, 4.10s, alum. one-piece driveshaft, fully worked heads, a mean cam profile with a nice lope and higher-rpm redline, underdriven power steering and water pumps, and some headers and a nice 3" exhaust system

Comment

It looks like a good kit to go with. It has actually inspired me to possibly go the same route on my next engine and see what type of results I get.

I hope once everyting is all said and done you have a mean beast tearing up the streets. Good luck on the build.

Comment

Thanks alot, I'm hoping the same lol. Nobody that I know of has built a stroker 3800 for a camaro so I'll have something pretty original :)

Only thing I'm second-guessing are the heads - I'm wishing I waited a bit longer and did the ZZP aluminum heads... Not sure how well the heads I have are going to flow on the stroker... I'm looking for a 6,500-7,000RPM redline on the stroker kit.

Also the thought of a turbo stroker crossed my mind a few times but that would take too long, I'd like my car to be complete by summer :)
                      Last edited by JohnnyC; 01-28-2007, 08:47 PM.

Comment

The alum. heads would have been a sweet upgrade and would have helped the flow much better. (I forgot to read back on what setup you are using) What type fo heads are you going to be putting on this engine? I'm sure they will do the job, or else you wouldn't have even thought about using them.

And also, you can always save up and get the alum. heads later on down the road.

(As a side note of sarcasm) I wouldn't even think about putting this on a comero, make it a Firebird.

Comment

Haha well I can always save up and give my car the *** end of a firebird and the front end of a new camaro too, as an added touch of uniqueness and ***-kickery.

Well I talked to the guy who did my heads this morning actually, and he seems to be quite confident that they will easily flow what I'm trying to do so I am pretty optimistic as to what I'll see. Low 12s here I come :burn:

I will have pics tomorrow night of the heads

Comment

who is doing your heads?

Comment

Local shop who specializes in GM engines. $650 for all the porting and polishing and then I'm doing the valve seals, springs, retainers and everything else myself.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X