GTP injectors on N/A setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GTP injectors on N/A setup?

does the starter of this post have a 5 spd or a auto??
    Juiced Rally Red 98 A4<br /><br />Way too much to list....<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415</a>

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyC
      462hp n/a would definitely be nice... 357HP is coincidentially roughly around the 250-260rwhp mark figuring 30% drivetrain loss, which might be an exaggerated figure but still just for discussions sake, seems about right. But yes, if the heads are the weak point or if they act as a bottleneck and then you install better flowing heads, you've then eliminated a bottleneck and you will increase the airflow of your engine, increasing its power... right?
      20% drivetrain loss is a closer figure..

and sure heads are a bottleneck, but to me I cant see that if you arent "raming air"..with FI that there would be much of a difference from say abbott stage 3's to alum's? To me its like Uprgading to 5" exhaust?

Now in a forced induction app, obviously I can see where the difference could be made.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
        It is obvious you're still learning. For that fraction of a second that your car is out of gear, your car is no longer accelerating. How much it's decelerating at and how much that'll effect your 1/4 time may not be easily calculated, but few things about drag racing are; it's a moot point to play with numbers in your head. You're relying too much on speculation and formulas; those can lie and are not accurate enough for hundreths of a second. what you need is to look at real times. for example

Car 1
        1.80 60'
        8.602 1/8th at 78.91 mph
        13.619 1/4 at 96.21 mph
        auto transmission

Car 2
        1.82 60'
        8.65 1/8th at 79.35 mph
        13.64 1/4 at 98.62
        manual transmission

^these numbers are from real Timeslips from 2 cammed V6's. As you can see, efficiency in the transfer of power does not equate into proportionately faster ET's. You can throw around all the numbers and fractions you want...they can be manipulated to give you whatever answer you want to see. Regardless of whatever answer you get, those two timeslips I gave will always read the same, no matter how much you want them to agree with your line of thinking
        Not saying they have to agree, just a random idea more or less. The car is decelerating a bit in between shifts, but at the speed which I shift it's pretty insignificant time. Auto has its advntages, as does a manual, more or less it comes out to driver's preference. For a daily driver I definitely prefer manual just because I have more fun driving it, and I feel I have a bit more control over the acceleration and deceleration of the car.

As far as those timeslips go, I do wonder how much those 2/100s of a second lost in the 60' would've affected the outcome by the end of the race. Very close either way in terms of ET. :burn:
        \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

Not saying they have to agree, just a random idea more or less. The car is decelerating a bit in between shifts, but at the speed which I shift it's pretty insignificant time. Auto has its advntages, as does a manual, more or less it comes out to driver's preference. For a daily driver I definitely prefer manual just because I have more fun driving it, and I feel I have a bit more control over the acceleration and deceleration of the car.

As far as those timeslips go, I do wonder how much those 2/100s of a second lost in the 60' would've affected the outcome by the end of the race. Very close either way in terms of ET. :burn:
          An Auto tranny with a mediocre shift kit will shift faster and harder than you everytime. Yes, each type of transmission has their advantages and strengths, but the problem occurs when you try to boost one's advantages(M5's efficiency) and dismiss the other's strengths(A4's fast shifts). You missed the point with the timeslips....although the manual was able to trap much faster, it still ran a slower ET

Comment

Nahh I hear ya loud and clear. An auto trans. definitely shifts faster than me and at an exact set RPM, where I might shift off my 100rpm one time, putting me elsewhere in the powerband and thus possibly hurting my ET. An auto definitely has its advantages and I won't deny that or play it down. Faster shifts and perfect shifts everytime with slightly less efficiency, where a manual has slightly more power to the wheels but shift speeds are slower of course, and theres always the possibility of misjudging RPM by a split-second which can mean a few hundred RPMs and lost time. I definitely agree with you, I was just saying the ET wasn't slower by much.
            \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

I drive a 5-speed. More fun in my opinion. How about a CVT for our cars, eliminate shifting altogether and constantly stay within our peak power... I wonder how much power is lost in one of them though, and im sure they dont make CVts for our cars anyway, just a thought

Comment

I was just saying the ET wasn't slower by much.
                well, last time i checked, timeslip databases were arranged by ET, not trap

Comment

The ET of the manual, I should've clarified that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X