GTP injectors on N/A setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTP injectors on N/A setup?

I'm doing a N/A setup on a stock shortblock. ported&polished heads, p&p intakes, gt2 cam and all supporting mods... Would GTP injectors suffice for my application? Would 36# be too big and cause me to run rich? I'm still learning about injector sizes and things like that, I'm not sure how they are controlled, and if their maximum capacity affects how much fuel is sprayed at all times even when I'm not WOT.

Maybe a good tune would allow me to use whatever injectors as long as they're big enough?
    \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Re: GTP injectors on N/A setup?

as long as you have tuning software you can run basically any size injector. GTP injectors will work just fine.....2 weeks ago i thought you were going S/C???

Comment

yea as long as you tune for the gtp injectors you are fine
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Next time around maybe I'll do a procharger. This time I want an all-out sleeper. Alot cheaper too haha. Nothing beats popping the hood, showing off the stock looking V6 to my friends and then surprising them at the track. :omg:

Good to know though, can't wait to get this done so I can show it off a bit :)
        \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyC
          I'm doing a N/A setup on a stock shortblock. ported&polished heads, p&p intakes, gt2 cam and all supporting mods... Would GTP injectors suffice for my application? Would 36# be too big and cause me to run rich? I'm still learning about injector sizes and things like that, I'm not sure how they are controlled, and if their maximum capacity affects how much fuel is sprayed at all times even when I'm not WOT.

Maybe a good tune would allow me to use whatever injectors as long as they're big enough?

Bigger is NOT always better. There is a limit to injector control. Figure out the right size.

http://engine.firebirdv6.com/formula...njector_Sizing
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Thanks, I must've overlooked that page before I asked lol. 32# will most likely suffice but to be safe I'm going to use those GTP injectors.

Comment

so even at 300hp with 36# inejectors you would still have a little room to play and be safe.
              Juiced Rally Red 98 A4<br /><br />Way too much to list....<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415</a>

Comment

yup yup... hey we'll see what's good with these ZZP aluminum heads too. I spent money on my ported and polished heads but I can sell 'em if I change my mind, and if their price is right on the zzp heads. 300rwhp N/A would be sick from a V6. I love sleepers :)

Comment

it would be VERY hard to get anywhere even near 300rwhp on a N/A 3.8.....theres supercharged guys running 7-8 psi only putting down around 280rwhp....it would take alot of work and money to get that much power N.A
                  Juiced Rally Red 98 A4<br /><br />Way too much to list....<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263415</a>

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyC
                    yup yup... hey we'll see what's good with these ZZP aluminum heads too. I spent money on my ported and polished heads but I can sell 'em if I change my mind, and if their price is right on the zzp heads. 300rwhp N/A would be sick from a V6. I love sleepers :)
                    alumin heads NA is over kill, you will never outflow those, NA need not go higher than abbott stage 2! if you have that much money to spend you should be going FI

ps only way you are gonna make that kinda power NA is with a stroker kit.
                    Last edited by UDLOSE98; 01-02-2007, 03:52 PM.

Comment

dan how did you do your sig?? i cant figure out how to do mine and make it come up on here....i dont have any problems on anyother of the forums

Comment

you gotta have a paid membership, its $10

Comment

if you run valvetrain that will support higher than stock rpm's, u can make 300 whp with just heads/cam and bolt-on's. remember, hp is directly linked to rpm, so more rpm means more hp as long as u have enough air/fuel to do it. bump the rpm limit to 6500-7000 and add a cam to flow well up through 6500 and you'll make 300 whp.
                          2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

i was shifting at around 7000 rpms and let me tell you, you WILL NOT MAKE 300 RWHP NA with 7000rpm rev limiter....maye 14,000 rpms... but of coruse that isnt gonan happen. Then you will need a custom grind cam that can make power all the way up in that region..heads and cam making 300rwhp...not goign to happen.

Comment

you were shifting at 7k?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X