swapping 3.4/t5 into car which originally had 5.7/4l60e?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

swapping 3.4/t5 into car which originally had 5.7/4l60e??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swapping 3.4/t5 into car which originally had 5.7/4l60e??

after really inspecting my polo green 94 i realized that the car is pretty bad, but the motor is very strong for having 207k on it,. i am thinking of buying a 94 roller that was originally equipped with an lt1 and an auto, my question what will have to swapped electrically to make the car run i know the ecu & harness but will anything inside the car need to swapped to acomplish this? thanx for the help!!!

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)
    89 Ram D350 CTD/M5- 1 Ton Dually getting 27 MPG's

Re: swapping 3.4/t5 into car which originally had 5.7/4l60e??

guages, motor and tranny x-members and radiator,springs(front at least),pedals and rear gears if they're not already 3.23
    and documents proving you put a v6 in.... or you'll be paying z28 insurance
    Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

ok that was everything i expected then, how much of a horror show is the wiring harnesses in these cars, sorry bout these questions, but im used to 60's-70's cars, never really played with any newer cars

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)

Comment

i say u get a cheaper lt1 and just use that it'd be much easier and then u can have a v8 insted of a slow 6er ...just my opinion
        <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

the only way that would be cheaper is if i can find an lt1/t56 for 100 bucks, i am a brok college kid, i have the 3.4 t5 out of a 94 i got for 100 bucks and im gonna pick up this z roller for 400 so its not really cheaper in my financial state right now, that and i have my 76 with the 355 which is for going fast!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            4 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            2 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X