swapping 3.4/t5 into car which originally had 5.7/4l60e?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

swapping 3.4/t5 into car which originally had 5.7/4l60e??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swapping 3.4/t5 into car which originally had 5.7/4l60e??

after really inspecting my polo green 94 i realized that the car is pretty bad, but the motor is very strong for having 207k on it,. i am thinking of buying a 94 roller that was originally equipped with an lt1 and an auto, my question what will have to swapped electrically to make the car run i know the ecu & harness but will anything inside the car need to swapped to acomplish this? thanx for the help!!!

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)
    89 Ram D350 CTD/M5- 1 Ton Dually getting 27 MPG's

Re: swapping 3.4/t5 into car which originally had 5.7/4l60e??

guages, motor and tranny x-members and radiator,springs(front at least),pedals and rear gears if they're not already 3.23
    and documents proving you put a v6 in.... or you'll be paying z28 insurance
    Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

ok that was everything i expected then, how much of a horror show is the wiring harnesses in these cars, sorry bout these questions, but im used to 60's-70's cars, never really played with any newer cars

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)

Comment

i say u get a cheaper lt1 and just use that it'd be much easier and then u can have a v8 insted of a slow 6er ...just my opinion
        <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

the only way that would be cheaper is if i can find an lt1/t56 for 100 bucks, i am a brok college kid, i have the 3.4 t5 out of a 94 i got for 100 bucks and im gonna pick up this z roller for 400 so its not really cheaper in my financial state right now, that and i have my 76 with the 355 which is for going fast!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X