Cams and whisper lid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cams and whisper lid?

Wait, you have a basically stock car with exhaust and ran 14.2? I think you may want to check your numbers again buddy, that is unless you're spraying or something.
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

well a few things have been added since that first post i had said that was all in mah car, i changed the gears again to 4.10, new headers, hi-flow, and some new pistons that are pink, lol even seen pink pistons

Comment

if you're gonna claim times of 14.2, you need to list every mod you have...otherwise, people are gonna call :bs:

Comment

yea yea i just forgot about asking that question then i dind't think about what all i had did before then, my bad

Comment

Originally posted by Camarorulz
            Don't get a whisper lid, they are a waste of money. Shave the baffles on your air box and that will do the same thing as a lid.
            Don't kid yourself. Taking the plastic fins out of your stock lid will net you squat...you still have the stock air silencer and the oval port at the back of the lid, which create incredible amounts of turbulence and restriction. A whisperlid eliminates all those restrictions and allows the most direct flow into the engine

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
              Don't kid yourself. Taking the plastic fins out of your stock lid will net you squat...you still have the stock air silencer and the oval port at the back of the lid, which create incredible amounts of turbulence and restriction. A whisperlid eliminates all those restrictions and allows the most direct flow into the engine
              Quoted for the truth^^^

Now a shaved lid, PLUS a pvc pipe will net you some gain, not as much as a whisper lid but it's a really effective free mods along with the FRA.

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
              Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
              http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

how much actual gain would come with a whisper lid?

Comment

lets say you run with no air filter, just curious because one of my friends always ALWAYS runs his 04 ecotec cavalier with no intake at all just straight throttlebody, would that give you any gain?

Comment

Originally posted by 3.8Ls2
                    how much actual gain would come with a whisper lid?
                    JUST a whisperlid on a stock car...maybe 3-4 hp. You'll see more gains on a car with a full exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Tech
                      LMAO! Why are you driving a V6 CAMARO, BASE MODEL, ECONOMY VERSION if you want to go fast or beat a V8?
                      Don't come in this forum and start this talk.
                      Save that for the lounge.
                      This is a tech forum, not a trash talking forum.

Thanks.
                      1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
                      1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
                        That's why you bypass the stock air silencer: it's still better than paying $150 for, what, MAYBE 2-3 hp. Again, WASTE OF MONEY. I'd rather shave it and only gain 1-2 horsepower while saving my money. There are much better ways to spend.

3.8ls2: I'd still like to see a mod list. What kind of tire are you using to hook with those 4.10s? If you damaged your 14.2 timeslip let's see some of the others. What kind of heads do you have? Tuning?

You can't get by with that kind of claim here without some serious explanation. I suspect BS, and unless you make a believable explanation you're gonna get called out by others as well.
                        Last edited by Camarorulz; 12-19-2006, 02:55 PM.
                        -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Camarorulz
                          That's why you bypass the stock air silencer: it's still better than paying $150 for, what, MAYBE 2 hp. Again, WASTE OF MONEY.
                          :bs:
                          100$... and the whisper lid is much bigger, it matches the size of the throttle body.

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
                          Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
                          http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

still a waste, and prices differ.

Comment

Nothing is a waste of money if you want it.

Comment

im still calling bs. i want a list of mods and timeslips.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                                Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                  New Owner!
                                  by LETZRIDE
                                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                  3 days ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Little work today
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • LETZRIDE
                                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X