Cams and whisper lid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cams and whisper lid?

I got a 2002 firebird 3800 with exhaust and 3.42 gears (stock 3.23 I think?) either way they wern't these, and an lsd, it's not the y82 pack though, it's got the ssame mods but it's not them. all i want to beat is a 1990 stock firebird 5.7 or 302 something of the nature, what will cams and a whisper lid do? hp wise? no headers, i just need like 15 more Hp

Re: Cams and whisper lid?

A cam is a lot of work, the whisper lid isnt gonna do much of anything for you.

If you are looking for just 15 more hp, honestly headers, full exhaust and a good intake may be all it takes.

Comment

cat back exhaust was all i had when i lost to an old GTA with the 5.7 TPI, he had 4:10 gears and honestly thats the only reason i think he beat me. you should be running pretty close to them, if not door to door.

Comment

you are going nowhere with "cams"

we only have one.

Y82....no such thing. Y87, now we are talking

Get the lid and go beat that old fbody
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Wow. Thats all I have to say.

Comment

lol you just listed two different mods that aren't even in the same LEAGUE as far as power increase and cost. Don't even mess with a cam until you learn more about what is involved.

Don't get a whisper lid, they are a waste of money. Shave the baffles on your air box and that will do the same thing as a lid.

Do that and get exhaust. I recommend 3" piping to either a Magnaflow or Flowmaster 80. Make sure you do the whole system though, either get a catback or buy the components that would come with a catback. That includes muffler, tips, and pipes. If you just slap a muffler on there you won't see any power increase.
            Last edited by Camarorulz; 12-11-2006, 02:30 PM.
            -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.8Ls2
              all i want to beat is a 1990 stock firebird 5.7 or 302 something of the nature
              LMAO! Why are you driving a V6 CAMARO, BASE MODEL, ECONOMY VERSION if you want to go fast or beat a V8?

Comment

chill out Tech. Sounds like he just wants to beat a friends old rust bucket.
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by Tech
                  LMAO! Why are you driving a V6 CAMARO, BASE MODEL, ECONOMY VERSION if you want to go fast or beat a V8?

\/ \/ \/ \/ :) , better yet a fwd grand prix is in the 9's

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
                    \/ \/ \/ \/ :) , better yet a fwd grand prix is in the 9's
                    A stock camaro is not.

Comment

he can easily beat the v8 he is talking about, not like it is an ls1 or anything.

Comment

is it an older, lt1 thats been around the block a few times? If so MAYBE. There is a 94 firebird at our school the LT1 in it has 143,000 miles and it stays right with the newer LS1's. Flowmaster catback and headers.

Comment

is it an older, lt1 thats been around the block a few times? If so MAYBE. There is a 94 firebird at our school the LT1 in it has 143,000 miles and it stays right with the newer LS1's. Flowmaster catback and headers.
                          Its not even an lt1 that he is talking about....he is talking about a 3rd gen fbody v8...

Comment

yep. should be an easy kill even stock. :)
                            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

wow i forgot to give the outcome, we didn't actually race we wen't to baytown (in houston) and i ran 14.405 1st, 15.000 2nd (im still wondering why on that one) and 14.2xx 3rd
                              The other dude was 13.9xx 1st (wasn't to stock i spose) 14.52x 2nd and 14.32x

i put an x cuz the paper got all wet and i couldn't read some of the numbers
                              so we arn't to far apart from eachother, even though i know a 14.405 isn't anything to be thrilled about but it's good enough for me think of it this way it still beats those stupid ecotec cavaliers... those suckers are fast ecpecially the 6m that's my second fav engine of all time over the 3.8 s2

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X