Cam Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol is that the free one?

and i dont know the CFM for the TB or the numbers for our intake MAN ????
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Nope not free.
      1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
      1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

I have that Dyno2000 program as well. I downloaded the simulation used for stock numbers on that cam comparison webpage, and then switched the exhaust system from H.P. Manifolds and Mufflers to small tube headers (curiosity for my CIA headers).

The program showed a gain of 36 horsepower (if only it were true). Clearly something is wrong with at least what the program does to work with exhaust. Plus, that "3.8 Stock" file I ran showed a peak of 257 ft-lbs of torque at 3000rpm w/ all stock parts. (277 w/ headers).

Just thought I'd mention it before someone runs off to buy the dyno program looking for totally accurate numbers coming back.

I just created this ID on firebirdv6.com I guess it looks like I picked a name close to someone else (AZ=paradise). I hope that doesn't create confusion.
        Proud Owner:<br />Light Pewter Metallic 2002 Camaro Coupe M5<br />SLP Intake, Holley Powershot Filter, Whisper lid<br />CIA headers, B&B Exhaust<br />K9 Alarm<br />Deep window tint<br />B&M Shifter<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/brians2002\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/brians2002</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Timbo1969:
          AZ can you run the 218/218 .330/.330 113lsa 110ic .528/.528 cam just to get an idea on the capabilities.. Thanks
          That sounds like a REALLY nice cam:)
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Originally posted by AZcamaro:
            Just thought I'd mention it before someone runs off to buy the dyno program looking for totally accurate numbers coming back.
            Well, it's only meant as a simulation program, not to be entirely accurate, and it also can give a proportional idea of various gains. The torque numbers are def. off with it, but the horsepower numbers are generally a pretty good guess for crank power. I've also heard that once you start using it to predict boost numbers and things like that, that it can get off pretty quickly also. This is also just the DD2000, I dont have experience with the other program. But the simulations are mainly meant to be accurate within itself. You can take the numbers just to get an idea of what different cam changes and stuff do.
            AIM: Alientr8tr<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/583450\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Camaro 3.8L</a><br />Flowmaster 80-series, !FRA, Eibach Springs, KYB AGX, SLP sway bars, 3.42/LSD, Wings West kit, Z06 Motorsports, Silverstone Metallic paint<br /><a href=\"http://www.shift5.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Shift 5</a> - My Band

Comment

I am In the process of installing a 212. 220. 512. 512. 115 degree cam in my 96 3.8, Any words of wisdom???
              96 3.8 red camaro. <br />headers,cam,valve springs,retainers,auburn lsd,3.73 gears,SLP cold air,accel coils,24lb injectors,8mm plug wires,air temp module,LT1 diveshaft,removed a/c,edelbrock torque arm,spohn LCA\'s and PHR

Comment

Re: Cam Comparison

AZ3.8 I'm curious, where did you buy your cam from and for how much???

Also, what lifters, valve springs, and retainers do you have?

You've ran a 13.8? What other mods have you done?

Comment

Hey, I have what is essentially a GT2 cam. They are using I believe a 111 LSA whereas I have a 112. (You will get a little more overlap with the gt2).

I am now using LS1 springs and LS1 retainers, which are not really an upgrade. After the whole retainer debacle, I just swapped out my springs and retainers for what I had on hand. They work fine with this cam. I also use COMP OER lifters. Stock pushrods.

The car is pretty modified. Stock heads though. Street tires.
                  Cam, headers, intake, Centerforce custom clutch, driveshaft, LSD, Full exhaust + Cat, tubular LCAs so on and so forth. I now have a short throw shifter, port matched intakes, and a bunch of suspension upgrades (I am into road racing instead of drag racing now.)

I ran the 13.8 on nitrous. Keep in mind that I raced in Tucson, AZ. It is hot and at 3000ft altitude. Not in cold, low elevation places like a lot of the record holders. 13.8 is pretty quick for v6 car here.
                  1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

The part that confuses me is that I've been looking at a lot of different cams online, but I haven't come across your Xtreme 4x4 with .507 lift and 112 LSA... I've seen other Xtreme 4x4's but not one with these specs.

Also, any idea where your rwh is at? Have you dyno's it?
                    Last edited by Revenga444; 05-29-2007, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Revenga444
                      The part that confuses me is that I've been looking at a lot of different cams online, but I haven't come across your Xtreme 4x4 with .507 lift and 112 LSA... I've seen other Xtreme 4x4's but not one with these specs.

Also, any idea where your rwh is at? Have you dyno's it?
                      Yeah I custom ordered it from comp cams.
                      You can look through the lobe list of 4X4 ramps and pick an intake lobe, exhaust lobe (they can be different), and your LS and IC.
                      It cost the same essentially too.
                      I have no idea what the RWHP is, most of the Dynos in tucson are in shady shops that steal cars (not that they would want mine!)
                      1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy
                        I am In the process of installing a 212. 220. 512. 512. 115 degree cam in my 96 3.8, Any words of wisdom???

Same lift and LSA as my cam, youll have alot of top end power, but no low end. It's a blower/nitrous cam

On stock tune with a 75 shot it went 13.3 with the previous owner, with tuning im sure it would easily hit 12s on the same 75 shot.

Camaro V6 - 14.3 @ 96mph
                        Camaro SS - cam/boltons/m6/tune
                        http://www.crfhq.com

Comment

Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro
                          Yeah I custom ordered it from comp cams.
                          You can look through the lobe list of 4X4 ramps and pick an intake lobe, exhaust lobe (they can be different), and your LS and IC.
                          It cost the same essentially too.
                          I have no idea what the RWHP is, most of the Dynos in tucson are in shady shops that steal cars (not that they would want mine!)
                          Aren't the 4x4 Cams made for Four wheel drive vehicles? Also, with a cam like that is it necessary to change the lifters and valves and such?

And if you could help me find it, where is the Section on comp cams website for custom grind cams?? I've been all over there site and I haven't found anything for custom grinds.

Thanks.

Comment

but what all did u have to change as in springs and retainers etc.?

Comment

i have dyno200 (legal copy) and ran a few cams through with stock heads and Abbott Racing Heads Stage 3 (flow values off camarov6.com). i considered stock cam, stattama stage 1 turbo cam & stage 2 turbo cam, zzp gt1 (for my own build) and the GT2.

note that the stock cam is installed at 115° intake centerline. the others are at 110°. for fun, i've included hp for 4° retard on the aftermarket cams as well (compare similar intake centerlines). i can't tell from dyno2000 whether the added hp from retarding the cam will affect throttle response or idle. all cams registered 14.66 manifold vacuum at 2000 rpm.

........stock..retard...ARH...retard
                              L36.....205..............228
                              S1......217.....228.....242.....254
                              GT1....220.....230.....247.....256
                              S2......225.....236.....251.....261
                              GT2....234.....243.....260.....271

stock heads: l36 and s1 peaked at 4500 rpm.
                              gt1 and s2 peaked at 5000 rpm.

ported heads: all peaked at 5000 rpm ±250 rpm (l36 is closer to 4750, s2 closer to 5250). gt2 peaked at 5500.

i have an inkling that stock cam is good to 6000 rpm, the s1, gt1, & s2 are good to 6500, and GT2 to 7000. this is where manifold pressure peaks.

stock cam VE peaked at 77% with stock heads, 78% with ported heads.
                              gt2 VE peaked at 83% with stock heads, 85% with ported heads.
                              Last edited by crysmatic; 07-17-2007, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af
                                can you run my cam on there for me? that would be great? also dont forget the intense cams and comp cams 3 cams

link to my cam specs http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...174_2_full.jpg

specs my cam
                                dur at .050" 224/215 lift .335"/.334" with 110* intake center line and 116* LSA

INTENSE™ Stage 3 Turbo Cam, duration @ .050": 223º/214º, lobe lifts: .338"/.332", valve lifts with 1.60:1 rocker arms: .541"/.531", lobe separation angle: 116º, intake centerline: 110º
                                stock cam, 8.5:1 cr = 187 hp
                                stock cam, arh heads, 8.5:1 = 205 hp
                                comp cam, arh heads, 8.5:1 = 226 hp, 278 lb-ft

fwiw, dyno2000 says the gt2 cam makes 239 hp, 288 lb-ft with arh heads. they're not absolute numbers (reasonably close), but good for comparison.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X