Cam Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Comparison

I made a little web page featuring some work I did with a desktop dyno program.

I used all of the stock specs, ran the dyno then changed ONLY the cam specs for each different cam.

It has charts as well as graphs for RPM vs HP.

It is very objective and does not make any recommendations to buy.

I will update it freqeuntly, as I think it need more and more cams put on it, as well as sound clips etc. I will gladly take input.

Cam Comparison Page
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

can you run my cam on there for me? that would be great? also dont forget the intense cams and comp cams 3 cams

link to my cam specs http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...174_2_full.jpg

specs my cam
    dur at .050" 224/215 lift .335"/.334" with 110* intake center line and 116* LSA

INTENSE™ Stage 3 Turbo Cam, duration @ .050": 223º/214º, lobe lifts: .338"/.332", valve lifts with 1.60:1 rocker arms: .541"/.531", lobe separation angle: 116º, intake centerline: 110º
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

i'd like to take this time to give a shout out to polynomial curves. hell yeah! ;)

this is from computer generated results?
      you just changed the cam #, but it cant compensate for all the mods neccessary to run them?

still, its nice work, im proud to have a son like you.
      - \"So you have something to look at when you\'re talking to \'em\" - <br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=296916\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=296916</a>

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:
        can you run my cam on there for me? that would be great? also dont forget the intense cams and comp cams 3 cams

link to my cam specs http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...174_2_full.jpg

specs my cam
        dur at .050" 224/215 lift .335"/.334" with 110* intake center line and 116* LSA

INTENSE™ Stage 3 Turbo Cam, duration @ .050": 223º/214º, lobe lifts: .338"/.332", valve lifts with 1.60:1 rocker arms: .541"/.531", lobe separation angle: 116º, intake centerline: 110º
        I ran the comp cams NA performance cam, I may run the intense cam, but I don't know if anyone has them really.

I can run your cam for you, but the page was designed for NA cams. I may do a section later, but it won't do much good because it won't show boost numbers.
        1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Originally posted by firebird1:
          i'd like to take this time to give a shout out to polynomial curves. hell yeah! ;)

this is from computer generated results?
          you just changed the cam #, but it cant compensate for all the mods neccessary to run them?

still, its nice work, im proud to have a son like you.
          Those are computer generated results. I calibrated it basically by running the stock cam, and adjusting things to match up to the 200 HP at 5000 RPM. The I chnaged only the cam specs. It seems that if you change other things like headers, etc it gets unreliable.

You can compare the cams head on this way

As for the polynomial curves, I suppose you could integrate them from 0 to say 6500 RPM if you one of those "area under the curve" guys.
          1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

BTW the lift on my cam specs ore the LOBE lifts have to add in the 1.6 rockers in there

like .536/.534 Gros vuale lift
            www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Ok, I will add it when I get them time, if your just curious, I get about 290 HP at 6000 RPM,
              and about 420-430 HP at 10 PSI Boost.

That is with stock 9.4:1 CR also. E-Mail me if you have any more questions.

Thanks for the suggestions.
              1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

SWEET!!!! do you think you are actually seeing a 75 hp gain with your Xtreme cam? have you dynoed it since installing?
                \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

I dunno, haven't dynoed. I actually didn't have this software before I bought the 4X4, i just went off of recommendations and my own logic. I was glad to see it posted some good #s.

Seppos GT cam laid down 220, which is apretty good gain at the crank. With all the bugs worked out, I will dyno soon.
                  1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

sweet!!!!
                    www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

OUTSTANDING!!!

I really like the presentation, not only gives numbers but also shows a power curve, that shows where the HP is, at various RPMs. Also very imformative and it will help a lot of our members in an age old question(Which cam?).

By the way I did not see this Cam;

THRASHER RACE CAM SPECS:

Duration at .050 =
                      222 degree intake/222 degree exhaust

Intake Lift =
                      .354 (.566 lift with stock 1.6:1 rocker ratio)

Exhaust Lift =

Lobe Separation = 114.0

Comment

Wait a minuet, I really don't know anything about internals but are you saying that replacing the cam and associated parts to make it work in a 3.8, that you could put out 270HP? I realize it is probably more complicated that this but is it possible? What about the 3.4, will your program let you do a run on it?
                        95 Firebird<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/673250\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/673250</a> <br /> <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y217/andrewbrandon19/\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/y217/andrewbrandon19/</a> <br /><br />me on a good day------&gt; <a href=\"http://communicatio.webblogg.se/images/wet_cat_113159625.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">linky</a>

Comment

Originally posted by javifp:
                          OUTSTANDING!!!

I really like the presentation, not only gives numbers but also shows a power curve, that shows where the HP is, at various RPMs. Also very imformative and it will help a lot of our members in an age old question(Which cam?).

By the way I did not see this Cam;

THRASHER RACE CAM SPECS:

Duration at .050 =
                          222 degree intake/222 degree exhaust

Intake Lift =

Exhaust Lift =

Lobe Separation = 114.0
                          thats one big *** LUMPY N/A cam , :eek:
                          that one will need some tunning and the idle will be almost at stall, the lobe over lap on that is HUGE
                          www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

This may sound pretty stupid, I dont have alot of mechanical background so just bear with me. (thats what you guys are for)
                            If I add a new cam to my engine without doing any other mods, I will be able to see an increase in HP? BTW what the heck is naturally aspirated?
                            New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
                            RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
                            crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
                            The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

First of all....if you don't know what naturally aspirated is....you don't need a cam yet. (It means no supercharger or things of that nature...its exactly what it says...its naturally aspirated...nothing being forced in.)
                              Build your car up a bit and then throw a cam on top of it and be happy with the little monster you've created. Don't go for a cam first and then throw on little mods around it.
                              Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X