No announcement yet.

Cam Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those seem like very reliable numbers. assuming 20% drivetrain loss, the 4x4 cam makes 216 rwhp. if that's w/ a otherwise stock car, that seems really accurate. if ur able to just plug in head flow rates like u've shown, u should try plotting those cams against Intense's stage II and stage III heads to see possible gains, since they post head flow every .100 inch like u have.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

and the super six heads toooo

that dyno program is expose to be within 5% so it REALLY close to what you will get
      www.turbov6camaro.com
      1997 3800 Series II Camaro
      4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
      7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
      11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Thats what I figured. Not trying to make Frankenstein's monster just yet.
        New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
        RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
        crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
        The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

Yeah I thought it was accurate.
          For those who aren't mechanically knowledgable, those are CRANK HP numbers, not RWHP...

I think the program can be accurate, if it is calibrated to the stock specs and adjusted to put down stock numbers.

The head flow numbers are critical, and I still need better exhaust head flow numbers.

I will do different heads, but then we get into head/cam combos and TONS of work. I will put up more cams ASAP.
          1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
          1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Check out this one 218/218 .317/.317 113lsa 110ic .528/.528
            2000 Firebird. Whisper Lid, True duals, TSP mail order tune, Built Tranny , TCI 2800 stall verter, B&M tranny cooler, Eaton LSD, 3.42 gears. Current best ET. 15.232 89.09 MPH 2.175 60ft on stock 3.42\'s and open diff.<a href=\"http://www.geocities.c

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by javifp:
              OUTSTANDING!!!

I really like the presentation, not only gives numbers but also shows a power curve, that shows where the HP is, at various RPMs. Also very imformative and it will help a lot of our members in an age old question(Which cam?).

By the way I did not see this Cam;

THRASHER RACE CAM SPECS:

Duration at .050 =
              222 degree intake/222 degree exhaust

Intake Lift =
              .354 (.566 lift with stock 1.6:1 rocker ratio)

Exhaust Lift =
              .354 (.566 lift with stock 1.6:1 rocker ratio)

Lobe Separation = 114.0
              thats one big *** LUMPY N/A cam , :eek:
              that one will need some tunning and the idle will be almost at stall, the lobe over lap on that is HUGE
              </font>[/QUOTE]That's a FI cam.. for a GTP.. [img]smile.gif[/img]
              2000 Firebird. Whisper Lid, True duals, TSP mail order tune, Built Tranny , TCI 2800 stall verter, B&M tranny cooler, Eaton LSD, 3.42 gears. Current best ET. 15.232 89.09 MPH 2.175 60ft on stock 3.42\'s and open diff.<a href=\"http://www.geocities.c

Comment

ok that makes better sense. lol i was going to say, thats a big SC cam then
                www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro:
                  Yeah I thought it was accurate.
                  For those who aren't mechanically knowledgable, those are CRANK HP numbers, not RWHP...

I think the program can be accurate, if it is calibrated to the stock specs and adjusted to put down stock numbers.

The head flow numbers are critical, and I still need better exhaust head flow numbers.

I will do different heads, but then we get into head/cam combos and TONS of work. I will put up more cams ASAP.
                  if those was RWHP numbers i would **** my pants and wisle didley. lol

but still 73 HP is not bad at all for only a cam change thats 1 HP for every $16.50 bucks this proves a cam is the best bang for the buck out
                  there
                  BTW i used $1200 as a price, that includes everything you need for a bigger cam. IE cam, lifters,rods, springs, retainers, gaskets. and you installing your self
                  www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Heres a quick question...
                    I've been thinking about getting a cam...but it CANT set off any SES lights or I wont pass emissions here. I was thinking about the GT cam, but half of the people says it sets off a light. So I figured the 200/206 comp cam wouldnt set off a light because its pretty mild...but according to your charts its still making pretty good power in comparison to the GT cam. Can anyone verify if its acctually gonna make around 40 over stock? (i realize this is at the crank)

PS: Its awesome someone finally did this. This will answer LOTS of people questions...especially when you can get even more cams up there. [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
                    Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

get the HPP 3
                      www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

[img]graemlins/love.gif[/img] pllllllllllllllllllllllease [img]graemlins/love.gif[/img] put the intense stage 1x cam in the next update of your site. it's sitting here on my desk and i'm dying to get an estimate of its potential [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Viper, who were you talking to about getting the HPP3? And for what reason were you advising getting it?

Comment

You can turn off the SES light with it, and adjust the computer to take more advantage of the cam. in turn the SES light should not come on
                            www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

I have a HPP3...as it says in my sig...and I don't know of a way to turn off SES lights. How exactly would you go about doing that? (I don't think there is a way...but I'll be the first to say I'm not always right...but I'm pretty sure about this).

Comment

umm i thouhg you could do that kind off stuff with the HPP3? ??? ? ??
                                www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X