Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLP Firebird GT : Build Thread

Originally posted by htmabe View Post
    Cam will do fine with fuel injection. The only difference between a carb and fuel injection is a carb is mechanical delivery based on jets floats etc and fuel injection delivery thru a computer reading sensors. Fuel injection is just way more precise so it should run awesome. The best carbs in the world can't compete with fuel injection.
    FI is forced induction

BTW, love your car man

Comment

Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
      Thanks. I won't lie, there was plenty of other parts bought and later sold for a minor loss or the same as what I paid for, like a supercharger, a pair of turbos and a Wings West body kit, but I learned my lesson on those and jumping the gun instead of thinking things out first. The body kit was the only thing I took a loss on, I broke even on the turbos and came out $200 ahead on the supercharger. I bought that for $400 and sold it for $600 thanks to ebay.

And I have absolutely zero intentions of ever letting this car go... maybe to my, son when he's old enough, but that's 15 or more years down the road.
      I don't keep track of what I spend on mine lost track along time ago, I almost bought a LS1 engine and trans to put in it but decided to keep the 3.8 and put another $2000 in it compared to the $7000 I would of spent for the V8 and accessories.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Great read man. Looking forward to more updates.

Comment

Ya same here quit keeping track after around 8000

Comment

Rear LCA relocation brackets came in this past week, still waiting on my cam though. Since I ordered through my work place, I just added it to the next stock order instead of paying for shipping. We get Comp Cams stuff in all the time, so I figured it wouldn't be too long of a wait.

One question, really more like "thinking our loud"... I noticed that the stock L36 in our cars has a "straight" oil filter adapter so that the filter sticks out in front of the engine, but the L26 I have has a 90* oil filter adapter so that it hangs down in front of the engine. Is there anything to be gained by choosing the straight vs 90* adapter? Is there a particular reason our cars have a different one than the FWD engines? The 90* would obviously fit better in the confined space of a FWD engine bay, but why put a different one on the RWD cars where either would work?
            aka FreedStyle
            Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
            2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

I haven't seen the L26, but the stock one would be easier since its straight for putting oil in. I also ordered my cam and it should be here in 10 days, got some other goodies like Comp OER lifters since your suppose to get new ones with a new cam, my old Comp OER's have been great for 55,000 miles so I hope I get the same out of the new ones.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I went with a new set of LS7 lifters this time. I've had no issues at all with the Comp OE-R's in the current engine though. I had a couple guys that have built LT and LS engines tell me they always use LS7's and that was enough to convince me to go with them.
                aka FreedStyle
                Chaddrich Freed

Comment

I did think about them but I don't know anyone who has used them so I just went with what I've used already. It would of saved me some money also if I went to the LS7 lifters. I'm going to go ahead a do the cam install when it gets here, so about 2 weeks.

Comment

Well I'm hoping my cam gets here by the end of the coming week... Since I work at a parts distributor, I just had them add my cam to the next stock order... Well, we've received 2 Comp Cams stock orders in the 3 weeks since I ordered it and still no cam. I asked about it Friday and they called Comp to figure what the deal was, and apparently it's been ground for 2 weeks now, but it's waiting to ship with the stock order that has everything for our big car show on Memorial Day weekend. My goal is to have the car on the road, tuned and everything by then, so obviously that isn't going to fly! They pulled it from that order and will ship it first thing Monday. I was trying to save a few dollars by not having it shipped special, just waiting til the next stock order came in, but I guess that was the wrong idea. 3 weeks ago I could afford to wait a few weeks for it, but it's been those few weeks and I don't have time to wait any longer! lol. I'm getting the engine tore down this weekend and will hopefully have the cam in it by the end of next weekend.

I'm also working a color scheme for the engine that should make it pop a little bit, maybe even add a few HP if I'm lucky! :p

Just a little update since it's been a little while now.
                    aka FreedStyle
                    Chaddrich Freed

Comment

Yes!!! Lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hopefully you get the cam in on time, I got mine about a week ago. ZZP messed up the specs alittle. Its 230/240 .507/ .513 113LS, I'm running 1.7 rockers so .05 on the intake lift shouldn't make a huge difference I hope. I got a box full of parts to install and I'm just waiting until next month for pay day and I'm going to have it installed.

Comment

Nice. Can't wait to see the final numbers. What's the weight difference between the old k member and the tubular one?
                          96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler View Post
                            Nice. Can't wait to see the final numbers. What's the weight difference between the old k member and the tubular one?
                            I don't know exactly but with the tubular A arms and K , I think 50-60LBS at least.

Comment

I'll try to remember to weigh them both and come up with a difference between them. I don't know how heavy the stock one is, it looks pretty beefy, but the tubular one is pretty light.
                              aka FreedStyle
                              Chaddrich Freed

Comment

I have been thinking of also getting that k memeber. Do you know when you will have it to see if its worth it?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X