Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Firebird W68 - My LSX Swap thread.

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
    I would at least try the tranny to see if it works alright, Nice parts.
    Thank you.

I am ganna clean it when I get the man power to move it again and probably paint it and paint the words "Phoenix" on it. It's the name of a returned bird...considering its going into a Firebird.
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Oil Pan.

Windage tray and Pickup are still on the way. Can I reuse the bolts from the truck motor? It's not that its a big deal buying bolts, guess I can also get them from GMPartsDirect or maybe a hardware store if I knew what they were...

Anyway...

Something strange happened with GMPartsDirect. They charged my credit card and the charge posted for about 3 days and my card had sufficient funds to fund the purchase, then they shipped my items and I even have a tracking number (its halfway here). Then two days ago, my credit card was refunded the exact amount of the charge they charged me. $63 to be exact. I called GMPartsDirect to see if they took payment and they told me they recieved payment and everything was fine, the item shipped. I then called my credit card holder and they told me they don't have ANY record of GMPartsDirect ever charging my card for the purchase. I gave them a date range relative to the purchase and they don't even see where the $63 was ever deducted or even pended for authorization - yet it was gone for about 3 days on my card and GMPartsDirect is saying they have the money... ...what gives?

Comment

^welll id just let it slide, because it sounds like you got it for free.

complete ls6 intakes can be had for 300shipped, id just go ahead and invest in that now. also p/p TBs on ebay are cheap. POTz performance has good, cheap ebay tbs, i traded my stock tb to them and 30 bucks and got a p/p unit in return. really nice piece too.

Comment

My pickup tube and windage tray have arrived.

I now have my sights on a 5.3L engine with 1,900 miles for $900 ...hasnt even had its first oil change yet... nothing in stone yet though... He will hold it for me for a deposit

I'm ganna have to hold on buying parts for a moment as I now have personal matters that need to be tended to but it will only be brief.

Comment

My hard drive crashed during my last day in college - my senior project - lost everything - anyway I've just recovered from it and I now have more photos.

This isn't mine...yet... but the guy who is swapping my motor bought this engine for me and is holding it till I pay him which will likely be within the next 2 weeks... whenever my income taxes come in and also whenever I get paid for a crap load of work I've done for a few web clients.

This is the bottom of a 5.3L Engine with 1,900 miles on it. I'm getting it for $900 - It also comes with an LS1 Intake, F-Body style throttle body, and Motor Mounts so I think this was a fairly good investment as it kills two birds with one stone and is practically a brand new engine out of a truck that was totaled from the rear (I don't think it's even been broken in at this mileage.)

Piston bores (from the bottom of the engine)

--
            Continued next post...

Comment

---
              I love this photo - Something about this just screams for boost...

Heads

Intake

(Come to think of it, this looks like it might be an LS6 intake, I thought all LS1 intakes had EGR fittings near the throttle body.)

--

The block itself is still painted black from the factory... I'm still not sure what color scheme I want to go with...

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Camaro View Post
                ---
                Intake

(Come to think of it, this looks like it might be an LS6 intake, I thought all LS1 intakes had EGR fittings near the throttle body.)

--

The block itself is still painted black from the factory... I'm still not sure what color scheme I want to go with...

97 to 2000 LS1 Vette intakes didn't have an EGR provision.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Camaro View Post
                  ---

Intake

Check out the second post in this link:
                  http://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-ow...questions.html

Comment

I put a deposit on the engine so it's being held for me. Meanwhile regarding the wiring harness - I found a 98 Z28 harness for $150 - looking at tacreations though I don't think it will work being my car is an 02... If I used a 98 Harness, and an 02 PCM, will it work?

Comment

I found a Harness out of a 02... Comes with a PCM for $250 - I'm getting that instead

Comment

Just letting you know, this project isn't dead - I had to put it on hold as I lost my job during the break and I had to re-divert my funds but things are slowly kicking back into pace.

I have payed the engine off so the engine in the above images is now mine, 1,900 mile 5.3L - not even broken in yet.

Its going to get a mild cam while its out.

I have also attained the idler pulley that was missing from my accessory package with the only thing remaining to attain is the alternator.

Things left:
                        K-Member & Suspension (Still getting for $200 for entire Struts, Steering Rack, ect)
                        Wiring Harness
                        Alternator
                        Radiator & Hoses
                        Stall Converter - 3,000 stall??
                        Transmission Cooler
                        LID
                        ----

I can't think of anything else off hand but if Im missing something feel free to tell me.

Comment

what cam are you running?

Im putting a yank ss3600 on my bolt on ls1. I really would go smaller then 3400 even on a stock LS1 cam

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                            what cam are you running?

Im putting a yank ss3600 on my bolt on ls1. I really would go smaller then 3400 even on a stock LS1 cam
                            was thinking anywhere between a regrind stock cam (can be had real cheap) or an LS6 cam. I haven't decided yet but I do know I don't wanna overdo it cuzz economy is still relatively important to me.

so smaller than 3400 stall = anywere between 3000 and 3400??

I also chose a color scheme.

Pontiac Blue Block, Water Pump, & possibly intake manifold
                            Black Accessories and Valve Covers & possibly gloss black intake via intake manifold cover

any objections to such scheme?

Comment

I want to die right now...

I was pulling up to an intersection to make a left turn, and the light turned green, the cars ahead of me got a green arrow and somehow SOMEHOW I missed that the green arrow disapeared... and I turned left...into a fricken VAN.... I saw him coming at the last second and nailed the gas, peeled out and almost escaped but he nailed me in the rear quarter and spun me around.

Surprisingly the damage was kind of light for this kind of accident. No broken glass, the passenger side rear bumper got scuffed pretty bad and the rear quarter got pushed in behind the tail light but it wasnt dented, infact there's absolutely no dent at all... but its still estimated $1,200 for a full repair and $500 to just buff it out and pull the quarter back...((I was so fricken stupid I just switched to Liability only...))

Meanwhile... I didn't get a ticket. I was 100% honest and told the cop what happened and told him I had no idea how I managed to do that. He came back with a citation and it read as "Failure to obey traffic signal" and I pointed out that the left turn light had no red arrow so it was technically okay to proceed if noone was coming, I wasnt required to stop. It should have been failure to yield. So he goes back to his computer to correct it and then his computer malfunctions and he tells me just to call the insurance company and straighten it out and I got off the hook easy...meaning I still have a clean record... but I am so pissed off right now

Comment

Getting damages fixed tomorrow, along with a few other body things...

Also attempting for K-Member tomorrow (The one I was originally after was sold) ..If I can't then I'll go for wiring harness instead.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X