No announcement yet.

Firebird W68 - My LSX Swap thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Firebird W68 - My LSX Swap thread.

Get a Prius.
    Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
    Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
    Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
    Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
    Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Actually not a horrible suggestion. I like the new Honda Coupe...easy to make a U turn unlike my Camaro
      The Civic Si benefits from the exterior changes as well, and, thanks to a similar exhaust improvement, goes from 201 horsepower to 205, as well as gaining another 4 lb-ft of torque. A decklid spoiler and a 1-inch increase of the wheel size, to 18, with a new pattern, make the Si even sharper looking. The Si’s interior can be livened up with red seat inserts.

Honda’s changes to the Civic sedan’s suspension weren’t necessarily a cure-all, but they were a marked improvement. Now that the two-door has gone under the knife to address some of the same complaints levied at the four-door, we’re cautiously optimistic it will emerge all the better for it.
      Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarborBlkv6 View Post
        Actually not a horrible suggestion. I like the new Honda Coupe...easy to make a U turn unlike my Camaro
        The Civic Si benefits from the exterior changes as well, and, thanks to a similar exhaust improvement, goes from 201 horsepower to 205, as well as gaining another 4 lb-ft of torque. A decklid spoiler and a 1-inch increase of the wheel size, to 18, with a new pattern, make the Si even sharper looking. The Si’s interior can be livened up with red seat inserts.

Honda’s changes to the Civic sedan’s suspension weren’t necessarily a cure-all, but they were a marked improvement. Now that the two-door has gone under the knife to address some of the same complaints levied at the four-door, we’re cautiously optimistic it will emerge all the better for it.
        Is there a reason you copied and posted this from a Car and Driver article? Is U-turn ability really a criteria for buying a car?
        Last edited by 1997Canadian3.8; 01-14-2014, 02:20 PM.
        In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
        2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

The reason is to be accurate and its faster to copy and paste...try it
          Phil

Comment

It feels like I just watched a Honda commercial on tv, lolz!

Civic, now with MOAR POWA!
            Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
            Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
            Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
            Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
            Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Lets keep on topic, the thread is LSX swap thread, I'm sure if the OP wanted a different car he would of already got one. That's why owning a F-body is a hobby for some and maybe not for others.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

My old shop offered to exchange my 5.3 with an LS1 Long Block with 23k miles - fully warrantied - I wouldnt have to pay labor, only $1,500 for the motor. What do you think?
                1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Camaro View Post
                  My old shop offered to exchange my 5.3 with an LS1 Long Block with 23k miles - fully warrantied - I wouldnt have to pay labor, only $1,500 for the motor. What do you think?
                  I would jump on that, if the miles are correct,since that is pretty low for miles and what is the warranty period? How long and what does it cover?
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Meh, I'm sorry guys.

I sold it. But for a good reason aswell. I got a good deal on it because a mechanic and his daughter had a motor ready to go in it and everything so he gave me the downpayment I will need for a 2010 1SS - Which I'm buying when my tax return hits the bank.

Comment

Hopefully the guy that bought it can bring that car back to life. You put in a good effort though and put up with a lot of crap dealing with all them shops working on your car. It sucks it had to end that way, but I'm glad you're still planning to stay in the family.
                      aka FreedStyle
                      Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                      2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Sorry to hear that, you'll like the newer Camaro hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
                          Hopefully the guy that bought it can bring that car back to life. You put in a good effort though and put up with a lot of crap dealing with all them shops working on your car. It sucks it had to end that way, but I'm glad you're still planning to stay in the family.
                          Meh, you have no idea how painful it was watching it get put on someone elses trailer I almost wanted to break into pieces. I was so pissed off all day at how bad I got screwed over this swap, three different mechanics and all three screwed it up in three different ways and I began to think about the last shop who did the work...They will probably just get it running only enough to get me coming back every month feeding their pockets. Unfortunately a feasible, LS1 swap is not possible unless its done in your garage. Moral of the story.

I could have tried again, I still had the ability to but Im out of time and tired of hitching rides with the family, need something reliable and I found a good deal on a 2010 SS so Im ganna have to bite.

Maybe one day when I have time and money I'll give it another crack with my OWN TOOLS, but never again otherwise.

Comment

I have more news, some months later the guy who bought my car finally had time to take it apart. He found the Head Gaskets were actually okay and not leaking. He found severe bearing damage however. He's still trying to determine the cause but I am beginning to believe the second shop who held my car for half the year set me up and gave me a bad motor when I demanded a replacement for the one he let rust in the rain.

I don't have the car anymore and I dont intend to do this again but it pisses me off to no end.

we dont yet know if it was the oil pump or a bad build but if the shop who replaced my motor did this, would you go after them? The only thing thats slightly holding me back was that video he recorded with me saying I agreed to no longer further pursue. But I think he set me up.

Comment

Well that sucks, he probably did set you up, why else record something like that. At least your happy with the new Camaro. How does it compare to a F-body?

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                                Well that sucks, he probably did set you up, why else record something like that. At least your happy with the new Camaro. How does it compare to a F-body?
                                I dont have one just yet, hopefully by Friday. I test drove some though and they feel alot bigger and handle heavier than the F-Body. The V6 feels like a dog down low compared to my moms G35 but its decent up top. The SS feels much more powerful than my 5.3L Firebird did...

Meantime should I go after that guy anyway? I want to see him put down for this.
                                Last edited by Need4Camaro; 03-18-2014, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X